LEXINGTON, Ky. - The Georgia men and the Arkansas women currently lead the team standings at the 2014 Southeastern Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships following the third day of competition on Saturday at the Kentucky Track and Field Complex.
The Georgia men currently hold the team lead with 52 total-team points, while Arkansas is second with 51 points and Alabama is third with 29 points. The Arkansas women are in first place with 77 total-team points, while Georgia is second with 54.50 and Missouri is third with 51.
Texas A&M has a meet-leading 11 qualifiers for Sunday's running finals on the men's side, while Florida follows with 10 qualifiers and LSU has eight.
The Texas A&M women have a meet-leading 13 qualifiers for Sunday's running finals on the women's side, while Kentucky has 11 qualifiers and Florida has nine.
The final day of the 2014 SEC Outdoor Track and Field Championships begins at 11 a.m. ET on Sunday. Live coverage on ESPN3 will begin at 1:50 p.m. ET.
Florida's Fawn Miller won her second career SEC women's javelin title with a meet-record toss of 57.10m/187-4. The Gators picked up 18 team points in that event, as teammate Marija Vucenovic - the 2013 SEC javelin champion - was second with a throw of 54.51m/178-10. Georgia's Freya Jones was third with a toss of 51.73m/169-8. A Florida athlete has won six of the last seven SEC women's javelin titles.
Mississippi State's Rochelle Farquharson captured her second career SEC women's long jump crown with a toss of 6.46m/21-2.50, after also winning the event in 2011. Florida's Robin Reynolds was second with a throw of 6.36m/20-10.50, while Georgia's Chanice Porter was third with a toss of 6.33m/20-9.25.
Missouri's Jill Rushin took home the SEC women's shot put championship with a toss of 17.19m/56-4.75, directing a 1-2-7 finish in the event by the Tigers. Defending champion Kearsten Peoples was second at 17.17m/56-4, while Auburn's Valentina Muzaric was third at 16.79m/55-1.
Arkansas' Grace Heymsfield broke her own SEC meet record in the women's steeplechase to capture the event for the second consecutive year with a time of 9:57.14, besting her previous SEC meet record from last year of 10:01.74. Mississippi State's Cornelia Griesche was also in under the previous meet record, placing second in 10:00.58, while Arkansas' Jessica Kamilos was third in 10:08.73.
Kentucky's Andrew Evans captured his second career SEC men's discus championship and first since 2012, doing so with a toss of 64.09m/210-3. It was the sixth SEC men's discus title by a Wildcat in the last seven years. Alabama's Hayden Reed was second with a toss of 63.74m/209-1, while LSU's Rodney Brown was third with a mark of 61.07m/200-4.
Arkansas' Stanley Kebenei won the men's steeplechase event in a time of 8:40.98, making him the first Razorback to win the event since Scott MacPherson in 2009. Texas A&M Isaac Spencer was second in 8:53.77, while Auburn's Niklas Buhner was third in 8:54.60.
The Arkansas women posted a 1-2-3 finish in the pole vault. Sandi Morris took home the crown with a leap of 4.50m/14-9. Danielle Nowell was second with a mark of 4.25m/13-11.25 and Ariel Voskamp was third at 4.25m/13-11.25.
The Arkansas men notched a 1-2-3 finish in the long jump. Raymond Higgs captured his second career title with a leap of 7.94m/26-0.75. Jarrion Lawson was second with a leap of 7.92m/26-0, while Anthony May was third at 7.83m/25-8.25.
2014 SEC Outdoor Track and Field Championships (Day Three :: Saturday, May 17, 2014)
1. Fawn Miller, UF (57.10m/187-4); 2. Marija Vucenovic, UF (54.51m/178-10); 3. Freya Jones, UG (51.73m/169-8); 4. Rebekah Wales, LS (50.24m/164-10); 5. Hailey Twietmeyer, MU (48.98m/160-8); 6. Mayme Cook, LS (47.68m/156-5); 7. Amethyst Boyd, AR (47.12m/154-7); 8. Kendall Munoz, TAMU (46.35m/152-0).
Women's Long Jump Final (top-eight finishers)
1. Rochelle Farquharson, MS (6.46m/21-2.50); 2. Robin Reynolds, UF (6.36m/20-10.50); 3. Chanice Porter, UG (6.33m/20-9.25). 4. Tamara Myers, AR (6.29m/20-7.75); 5. Keri Emanuel, LS (6.25m/20-6.25); 6. Nataliyah Friar, LS (6.19m/20-3.75); 7. Alexis Murphy, SC (6.10m/20-0.25); 8. Jennifer Madu, TAMU (6.03m/19-9.50).
Women's High Jump Final (top-eight finishers)
1. Leontia Kallenou, UG (1.92m/6-3.50); 2. Sarah Graham, SC (1.77m/5-9.75); T3. Taylor Burke, UF (1.77m/5-9.75); T3. Kirsten Hesseltine, AR (1.77m/5-9.75); T5. Camille Hayes, MU (1.72m/5-7.75); T5. Brionne Williams, VU (1.72m/5-7.75); 7. Shinelle Proctor, MU (1.72m/5-7.75); T8. Lynnika Pitts, LS (1.72m/5-7.75); T8. Tatiana Gusin, UG (1.72m/5-7.75).
Women's 1,500m Run Prelims (qualifiers)
1. Allison Peare, UK (4:20.82); 2. Carly Hamilton, UG (4:21.17); 3. Agata Strausa, UF (4:21.24); 4. Alexis Panisse, UT (4:21.52); 5. Paige Johnston, AR (4:21.73); 6. Stephanie Brown, AR (4:21.75); 7. Cory McGee, UF (4:21.76); 8. Sara Barron, VU (4:22.28); 9. Keri McClary, AR (4:22.60); 10. Rebekah Greene, UF (4:22.75); 11. Rhianwedd Price, MS (4:23.43); 12. Kayla Wolf, MU (4:24.53).
Men's 1,500m Run Prelims (qualifiers)
1. Keffri Neal, UK (3:50.62); 2. Sean Tobin, UM (3:50.67); 3. Robert Domanic, UM (3:50.68); 4. Will Crocker, MU (3:51.11); 5. Trevor Gilley, UM (3:51.98); 6. Kenneth Cushing, MU (3:52.04); 7. Patrick Monaghan, MS (3:52.31); 8. Damian Roszko, MS (3:53.35); 9. Matt Hillenbrand, UK (3:56.66); 10. Patrick Rono, AR (3:56.66); 11. Kane Grimster, AU (3:56.74); 12. Matt Airola, UA (3:56.93).
Women's Shot Put Final (top-eight finishers)
1. Jill Rushin, MU (17.19m/56-4.75); 2. Kearsten Peoples, MU (17.17m/56-4); 3. Valentina Muzaric, AU (16.79m/55-1); 4. Rachel Dincoff, AU (16.51m/54-2); 5. Tori Bliss, LS (16.18m/53-1); 6. Aslynn Halvorson, UT (15.99m/52-5.50); 7. Katie Evans, MU (15.96m/52-4.50); 8. Brea Garrett, TAMU (15.45m/50-8.25).
Women's 100m Hurdles Prelims (qualifiers)
1. Bridgette Owens, UF (12.84); 2. Kendra Harrison, UK (12.89); 3. Jasmin Stowers, LS (12.99); 4. Kayla Parker, UK (13.02); 5. Samantha Scarlett, AU (13.19); 6. Ebony Morrison, AU (13.20); 7. Keisha Wallace, MS (13.31); 8. Chanice Chase, LS (13.37); 9. Mariah Georgetown, LS (13.40).
Men's 110m Hurdles Prelims (qualifiers)
1. Wayne Davis II, TAMU (13.35); 2. Eddie Lovett, UF (13.46); 3. Omar McLeod, AR (13.50); 4. Jermaine Collier, SC (13.65); 5. Torrey Campbell, AU (13.67); 6. Dondre Echols, SC (13.82); 7. Nick Anderson, UK (13.92); 8. Jussi Kanervo, SC (14.09).
Women's 400m Dash Prelims (qualifiers)
1. Chrishuna Williams, AR (52.43); 2. Robin Reynolds, UF (52.47); 3. Kamaria Brown, TAMU (53.02); 4. Destinee Gause, UF (53.18); 5. Taylor Ellis-Watson, AR (53.33); 6. Shamier Little, TAMU (53.35); 7. Ibukun Mayungbe, TAMU (53.40); 8. Ebony Eutsey, UF (53.42); 9. Felicia Brown, UT (53.52).
Men's 400m Dash Prelims (qualifiers)
1. Deon Lendore, TAMU (45.34); 2. Vernon Norwood, LS (45.99); 3. Bralon Taplin, TAMU (46.04); 4. Carlyle Roudette, TAMU (46.27); 5. Hugh Graham, UF (46.29); 6. Najee Glass, UF (46.35); 7. Cyril Grayson, LS (46.49); 8. Nick Uruburu, UF (46.57); 9. Quincy Downing, LS (46.65).
Men's Discus Final (top-eight finishers)
1. Andrew Evans, UK (64.09m/210-3); 2. Hayden Reed, UA (63.74m/209-1); 3. Rodney Brown, LS (61.07m/200-4); 4. Tavis Bailey, UT (60.06m/197-0); 5. Joe Williams, UA (56.12m/184-1); 6. Dalton Rowan, TAMU (55.88m/183-4); 7. Tautvydas Kieras, MS (54.99m/180-5); 8. Marcus Popenfoose, AU (54.63m/179-2).
Women's 100m Dash Prelims (qualifiers)
1. Olivia Ekpone, TAMU (11.17); 2. Remona Burchell, UA (11.19); 3. Aaliyah Brown, TAMU (11.35); 4. Dezerea Bryant, UK (11.37); 5. Shayla Sanders, UF (11.40); 6. Keilah Tyson, UK (11.40); 7. Shekara Martin, AU (11.46); 8. Jennifer Madu, TAMU (11.47); 9. Ashton Purvis, TAMU (11.50).
Men's 100m Dash Prelims (qualifiers)
1. Aaron Ernest, LS (10.17); 2. Shavez Hart, TAMU (10.23); 3. Dedric Dukes, UF (10.24); 4. Prezel Hardy, TAMU (10.27); 5. Antwan Wright, UF (10.27); 6. Johnathan Smith, UG (10.28); 7. Akeem Haynes, UA (10.34); 8. Jalen Miller, UM (10.37); 9. Teray Smith, AU (10.41).
Women's Steeplechase Final (top-eight finishers)
1. Grace Heymsfield, AR (9:57.14); 2. Cornelia Griesche, MS (10:00.58); 3. Jessica Kamilos, AR (10:08.73); 4. Courtney Wood, MU (10:21.32); 5. Katelyn Greenleaf, UA (10:22.02); 6. Rebecca Chandler, VU (10:23.17); 7. Susan Rachel Givens, AU (10:26.25); 8. Amira Joseph, VU (10:31.99).
Men's Steeplechase Final (top-eight finishers)
1. Stanley Kebenei, AR (8:40.98); 2. Issac Spencer, TAMU (8:53.77); 3. Niklas Buhner, AU (8:54.60); 4. Mackay Wilson, UK (9:00.39); 5. Charlie Sparks, UG (9:01.95); 6. Raymond Joseph, AR (9:05.01); 7. Sam Dickerson, MU (9:06.64); 8. Parker Deuel, UA (9:07.37).
Women's Pole Vault Final (top-eight finishers)
1. Sandi Morris, AR (4.50m/14-9); 2. Danielle Nowell, AR (4.25m/13-11.25); 3. Ariel Voskamp, AR (4.25m/13-11.25); 4. Katrine Haarklau, MU (4.15m/13-7.25); T5. Sarah Bell, VU (4.00m/13-1.50); T5. Heather Green (4.00m/13-1.50); T7. Petra Olsen, SC (4.00m/13-1.50); T7. Megan Zimlich, AR (4.00m/13-1.50).
Men's Long Jump (top-eight finishers)
1. Raymond Higgs, AR (7.94m/26-0.75); 2. Jarrion Lawson, AR (7.92m/26-0); 3. Anthony May, AR (7.83m/25-8.25); 4. Ricky Robertson, UM (7.71m/25-3.50); 5. Phillip Young, UM (7.59m/24-11); 6. Kamal Fuller, UA (7.57m/24-10); 7. Josh McCullan, UA (7.56m/24-9.75); 8. Olabanji Asekun, TAMU (7.55m/24-9.25).