BIRMINGHAM, AL. -- The second week of college football is now in the books and the Southeastern Conference released its football weekly honors list. The players acknowledged for their accomplishments in this week's list represent six SEC teams.
Maty Mauk, QB , Missouri
• QB Maty Mauk led the Tigers to a solid 49-24 road win at MAC West Division favorite Toledo on Saturday... Mauk tied the MU single-game record by throwing five TD passes, while he ran for a score as well to give him six TDs accounted for, and he ended the day with a career-best 325 passing yards.
• Mauk ran for 36 yards and a touchdown to account for 361 yards of total offense (also a career-best)... He finished the day 21-for-32 passing with a QB rating of 190.0, which is a career best as well... Mauk threw two interceptions on Saturday (his first of the 2014 season), but he still has a solid TD-to-INT ratio of 7-to-2 on the season, and 18-to-4 for his career.
• Mauk improved to 5-1 in six career starts for Mizzou (he went 3-1 in 2013 as a redshirt freshman, starting in relief of injured James Franklin).
Cliff Coleman, DB, Ole Miss
• Recorded the Rebels' first pick-six since 2011 in a 41-3 road win over Vanderbilt.
• Made his first career interception and returned it 39 yards for his first career touchdown.
• Ole Miss allowed just three points, the fewest by any opponent since Tulane in 2012 (0) and the fewest by an SEC foe since Mississippi State in 2008 (0).
• Vanderbilt's 60 passing yards was the lowest opponent total since Louisiana-Monroe in 2008 (59).
• The INT marked the Rebels' fifth of the season, which leads the SEC.
Elliott Fry, PK, South Carolina
• The sophomore placekicker was successful on all four of his field goal attempts in the Gamecocks' 33-23 win over East Carolina.
• He hit from 39 and 42 yards out in the first half, nailed a 26-yarder in the third quarter, then sealed the win with a 20-yarder with 1:30 left in the contest.
• He was also successful in all three of his extra point attempts, accounting for 15 points.
Jalen Hurd, RB, Tennessee
• Hurd rushed 23 times for 83 yards in Tennessee's 34-19 win over Arkansas State, including a 4-yard touchdown run in the first quarter, the first of his career.
Max Garcia, OL, Florida
• Graded out by UF coaches at 97% assignment, 85% technique and 91% effort across 74 plays
• Anchored an offensive line that tallied 655 total offensive yards and 25 first downs
• Was the core of an offense that averaged 7.6 yards per play in first start at center
• Recorded three knock-downs
Preston Smith, DL, Mississippi State
• For the second straight week, Preston Smith made an acrobatic interception.
• Against UAB, he returned it 21 yards in the first quarter for his first career touchdown.
• Smith added five tackles, one tackle for loss and one quarterback hurry.
• He is the only defensive lineman in FBS to return a pick for a score this season.
• Smith as a defensive lineman is tied for the SEC lead in interceptions.