Player of the Week: Conner Hale, LSU
· Helped LSU to three consecutive wins at the Houston College Classic, defeating No. 8 Houston, Baylor and Nebraska.
· Batted .400 (4-for-10) on the week with one double, one home run, five RBI and two runs scored.
· Was named to the Houston College Classic All-Tournament Team.
· Extended his hitting streak to 16 games, as he has hit safely in each of the Tigers' 16 games this season.
· For the entire week, including LSU wins against Stephen F. Austin and Grambling, Hale hit .316 (6-for-19) with two doubles, one triple, one home run and seven RBI.
Pitcher of the Week: Grayson Long, Texas A&M
· Highlighted the talent-laden Houston College Classic, earning Most Outstanding Player accolades along with All-Tournament honors.
· Led the Aggies to a 6-0 win against the No. 8 Houston Cougars at Minute Maid Park with a brilliant 7.0 inning appearance, giving up just three hits with only two leaving the infield.
· Allowed just one batter to get into scoring position during his 7.0 innings of work.
· Registered a career-high 10 strikeouts without issuing a walk.
· Boasts a 3-0 record with a 0.47 earned run average, 13 hits, three walks and 17 strikeouts during the span.
Freshman of the Week: Riley Mahan, Kentucky
· Had a breakout week in leading the Wildcats to five wins to open Kentucky's first homestand.
· Hit .368 (7-for-19) with six runs, two doubles and three RBI. Also stole a base and did not strike out.
· In UK's home-opening wins against Murray State, Mahan collected a hit in the opener before going a career-best 3-for-4 with his first career steal in the nightcap.
· Hit a double and scored a pair of runs in Kentucky's series-opening win against Northern Kentucky.
· After going 1-for-4 in the second game of the series against NKU, had a two-run, two-RBI game in the finale, drawing a walk and hitting a double.