Player of the Week: Rhett Wiseman, Vanderbilt• Continued his torrid start to the season with 10 hits during the Commodores' 5-0 week.
• Opened the week with back-to-back two-hit games vs. Quinnipiac, smashing his third home run of the season in Tuesday's win and matching his career-best with three runs in Wednesday's win.
• Finished a double shy of the cycle on Saturday in his team's SEC-opening win against Arkansas, belting a two-run home run in the first inning and ending the game with a walk-off triple in the 12th inning.
• Followed up with three more hits and two RBI to help Vanderbilt finish its doubleheader sweep of Arkansas on Saturday, extending his hitting streak to 13 games with his fifth consecutive multi-hit game.
Co-Pitcher of the Week: Wil Crowe, South Carolina
• Allowed just one run (unearned) on one hit with three walks and 10 strikeouts in seven innings of work in Friday's series-opening 10-1 victory against Kentucky.
• Allowed just a single in the first inning to the Wildcats, who came into Columbia this past weekend riding an 11-game winning streak and hitting .312 at the plate.
• His 10 strikeouts tied a career-high. He leads the SEC with 41 strikeouts to just 10 walks in 30.1 innings pitched.
• He is now 3-1 with a 2.67 ERA.
Co-Pitcher of the Week: Bret Marks, Tennessee• Dealt eight-plus scoreless innings of one-hit baseball on the road at No. 3 Florida, carrying a no-hit performance into the ninth inning.
• Issued just two walks and struck out eight batters, while his 8.0 innings pitched established a new career high for the senior.
• His 1.17 ERA ranks fourth in the SEC after the weekend series at Florida.
• After recording eight strikeouts against the Gators, his 36 strikeouts on the season rank sixth in the league.
• Improved his opposing batters average to .123, second-best in the SEC.
Freshman of the Week: Alex Lange, LSU
• Fired a career-high 13 strikeouts in eight innings on Saturday vs. Ole Miss.
• Lange, who was not involved in the decision, limited the Rebels to just one earned run on three hits with no walks.
• Lange, who threw 117 pitches, recorded the most strikeouts by an LSU pitcher in a single game since April 11, 2014, when Aaron Nola also collected 13 strikeouts against Arkansas.
• Lange is 4-0 this season with a 1.45 earned run average, and he has 39 strikeouts in 31 innings while holding opponents to a .185 batting average.