Fans attending the 2017 SEC Football Championship in Atlanta should be mindful of the security policies for the event at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. All guests and their bags will be subject to search when entering the arena.
The SEC encourages fans to arrive early to get through security and leave any unnecessary items at home or in their cars.
Fans are encouraged not to bring any types of bags inside the stadium; however, the following outlines bags that are permitted:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12";
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar); and
- Small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 4.5" x 6.5" (approximately the size of a hand).
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
An approved logo no larger than 4.5" x 3.4" may be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag; briefcases; backpacks, cinch bags, and fanny packs that are not clear and/or exceed the size restriction; luggage of any kind; computer bags/cases; camera bags/cases; binocular bags/cases or any bag larger than the permissible size.
Fans will continue to be able to carry items allowed into the stadium in a permissible clear bag, such as binoculars and cameras.
This policy pertains to bags and is not an all-inclusive list of items that are prohibited from being taken into the stadium.
The following items are prohibited from being taken into the stadium and FanFare:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Artificial noisemakers
- Animals (other than service animals)
- Cameras with extended lenses
- Containers such as coolers
- Firearms Laser devices
- Lawn chairs
- Outside food and beverage
- Promotional items not approved by SEC Radios without earphones
- Signs, Flags, Banners
- Tobacco products
- Video cameras
- Bags that do not comply with the SEC Clear Bag Policy