Fans attending the 2017 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament in Nashville should be mindful of the security policies for the event at Bridgestone Arena. All guests and their bags will be subject to search when entering the arena, as well as subject to a walk-through metal detector.
The SEC encourages fans to arrive early to get through security and leave any unnecessary items at home or in their cars. Gates open 75 minutes prior to tip-off on the first day of each game in the men's tournament.Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Tobacco products of any kind, including smoking, chewing and electronic;
- Video equipment brought into the arena by a ticketed patron;
- Noisemakers of any types;
- Intoxicants are strictly prohibited and will be confiscated;
- Containers, including coolers, thermos jugs, squeeze bottles, etc.;
- Signs, flags and banners (unless items can be held by one individual, reflect good sportsmanship and do not block the view of other ticket patrons); in no case may a sign, flag or banner be affixed to any structural area of the arena;
- Promotional items with commercial slogans or identification without the permission of the SEC (items such as newspapers, handbills, flyers, memorabilia, promotional materials, etc., may not be distributed anywhere on arena property);
- Radios without earphones; a person listening to a radio MUST use earphones when listening in order to not disturb surrounding patrons;
- Physical distraction device or laser devices;
- Cameras with lenses longer than four inches.
- Items (e.g., hats, necklaces) that contain flashing or static lights.
For those fans that arrive at the tournament with impermissible bags, a Bag Exchange Station will be located inside the Sunkist Soda SEC FanFare where fans can leave impermissible bags and in exchange receive a permissible clear bag to use in the arena. Fans may retrieve their impermissible bags from the Bag Exchange Station upon departure.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" X 12".
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags.
- Small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 4.5" x 6.5".
- Bags that contain necessary medical items, which must be inspected and approved at a designated gate.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, briefcases, backpacks, cinch bags, fanny packs that are not clear and/or exceed the size restriction, luggage, computer bags/cases, camera bags/cases, binocular bags/cases, or any bag larger than the permissible size.
For more on the security policy and prohibited items at Brigestone Arena, please click here.