Men's Runner of the Week: Jacob Thomson, Kentucky
- Kentucky's Jacob Thomson ran the fastest 8k in the SEC this weekend 24:12 to finish as the top collegian attached to a team - second overall in the race - at the Texas A&M Invitational.
- Thomson led the Wildcats to a runner-up team finish.
- Thomson's time was a season best.
Women's Runner of the Week: Karis Jochen, Texas A&M
- Texas A&M's Karis Jochen defended her title at the Texas A&M Invitational, covering the 6,000m course in a time of 20:14.2, which is currently the top time in the SEC at that distance this season. The Aggies placed fifth in team scoring with 123 points to finish behind Rice (70), Baylor (72), Lipscomb (80), and Kentucky (82).
- Jochen recorded her second individual victory of the season after claiming the Aggie Opener at 4,100m three weeks ago.
- In bettering a field of 166 runners, Jochen won by two-plus seconds over Abigail Cartwright of Rice (20:16.6).
Men's Freshman of the Week: Brennan Fields, Kentucky
- Kentucky's Brennan Fields was UK's third finisher -- 10th overall -- in 24:39.50 at the Texas A&M Invitational helping UK to a runner-up team finish.
- His time is fastest 8k by a freshman this season and the 22th fastest in the SEC so far this year.
- Fields' time was a PR by more than 50 seconds.
Women's Freshman of the Week: Ashley Driscoll, Texas A&M
- For the second consecutive meet, Aggie freshman Ashley Driscoll finished as the second Texas A&M runner.
- She placed 19th overall with a time of 21:37.2 on the 6,000m course at the Texas A&M Invitational.
Among the field of 166 runners, Driscoll was the third freshman finisher.