PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Chloe Jackson • LSU
Guard • Sophomore • Upper Marlboro, Md.
- Jackson scored a career-high 34 points in LSU's SEC home opener win against Florida, which also snapped a two-game losing streak to the Gators.
- She is the first LSU player to score 34 or more points since Seimone Augustus scored 35 at Florida in 2005-06.
- The 34 points ties the second-most for an SEC player this season; and is the most in an SEC game so far this year.
- She was 6-of-6 from the field in the second quarter against UF and had 21 points by halftime off a 9-of-11 effort from the field.
- Led LSU in assists with 5 and played the entire 40 minutes versus Florida, committing only two turnovers in the game. Also registered four steals.
- Scored 22 points in a 53-52 win over Arkansas that snapped a four-game losing streak to the Razorbacks.
- Hit three of LSU's four three-pointers in the game; had back-to-back treys at the end of the 2nd quarter and start of the 3rd quarter to get LSU within four points after trailing the entire game.
- Put LSU within one point with a jumper with just over a minute left in the game, and a short time later came up with the crucial steal and raced for the successful layup to give LSU its first lead of the game, 52-51, with just 8.2 seconds left in the game.
- With two seconds left on the clock and LSU up, 53-52, Jackson deflected Arkansas' inbounds pass and then blocked Devin Cosper's three-point attempt to preserve the win for LSU.
vs. Florida 34 pts, 2 reb, 5 ast, 4 stl
at Arkansas 22 pts, 2 reb, 1 blk, 3 stl
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Jordan Lewis • Alabama
Guard • Windermere, Fla.
- Instrumental in Alabama's win at Missouri, the Tide's first SEC road victory since 2014, finishing with seven assists while playing all but four minutes
- Also had seven assists in the win over Ole Miss and hit six of Alabama's 36 free throws to help secure the victory
- Moved up to No. 3 in the SEC in assists, averaging 4.7 per game
- Averaging a team-high 36.0 minutes per game in SEC play
vs. Ole Miss 11 pts, 2 reb, 7 ast, 2 stl
vs. Missouri 5 pts, 2 reb, 7 ast