SEC Equestrian Riders of the Month (February 2017)
Equitation On The Flat Rider of the Month: Meg O'Mara - Georgia
• Rode to a perfect 4-0 record in Equitation on the Flat to remain undefeated for the season.
• Defeated opponents by an average of 10.25 points this month.
• Earned two MOP honors this month, including two against conference opponents, on the road at Auburn and home against Texas A&M, bringing her season total to five.
• Scored her career-high, 95, in back-to-back meets. • Two scores in the 90's against conference opponents.
Equitation Over Fences Rider of the Month: Ashley Foster - Auburn
• Improved to 9-1-0 in the event with three victories in February.
• Leads the Tigers in Fences with nine wins.
• Her back-to-back MOP honors gave the senior her second and third MOP nods in the event this year.
• Went 2-0 in matches vs. SEC opponents.
• Tied a career best score in the event at South Carolina, winning MOP honors with 90 pts.
• Guided Auburn to a 3-2 finish in the event vs. Georgia with a 78-65 victory.
Horsemanship Rider of the Month: Avery Ellis - Texas A&M
• Earned her second and third MOP honor of the season
• Averaged a score of 76.17 in February
• 4-0-1 in SEC competitions this season
• Average margin of victory of 5.17
Reining Rider of the Month: Claudia Spreng - Georgia
• Rode to a 3-1 record in Reining, including a 2-1 mark against conference opponents.
• Defeated her opponents by an average of 2.16 points.
• Earned two MOP honors this month, including one on the road against a conference opponent.
• Helped the Reining squad to a 4-0 record this month, to improve to 9-3 on the season.