Men's Golfer of the Week
Sam Burns, LSU
- Fired out of the blocks in LSU's spring season with a second-place finish at The Prestige at PGA West on Feb. 22 and a come-from-behind victory at the Louisiana Classics on Tuesday.
- Led the Tigers to their third team title of the 2016-17 season and a successful defense of their crown at The Prestige at PGA West by firing a 5-under par 208 in three rounds at the Greg Norman Course at PGA West in La Quinta, California. Burns finished ahead of many of the top players in college golf, including four top-25, 10 top-50 and 15 top-100 players in the Golfstat rankings.
- LSU defended their title against a host of nationally-ranked teams, including No. 10 Stanford, No. 11 Texas Tech, No. 14 Oklahoma, No. 22 San Diego State and No. 25 Arizona State.
- Followed by winning his third individual title in eight starts this season with a comeback victory at the Louisiana Classics where he fired back-to-back rounds of 4-under 68 in the second and third rounds to finish one shot clear at the top with a final score of 10-under par 206. Came from two shots down at the start of the final round to overtake Kent State's Ian Holt by one shot on the final leaderboard.
- Led the Tigers to a third-place team finish in the 15-team field at the Louisiana Classics, including a win over No. 2-ranked Illinois, which placed fourth in the event.
- Continued two impressive streaks with his performance over the past week as he has now finished either first or second in four-straight tournaments dating back to the fall season and finished in the Top 10 in each of his eight tournament appearances during his sophomore season in 2016-17.
Men's Freshman Golfer of the Week
Rhys Nevin, Tennessee
- Nevin posted the first top-10 finish of his career, tying for ninth at 2-over in the John Hayt Collegiate Invitational at Sawgrass Country Club
- In the second round, he carded a bogey-free, 5-under 67, which was the best round by a Vol freshman since Lorenzo Scalise in 2015
- Nevin tallied 10 birdies and 33 pars for the tournament, including five birdies in the second round
- His second-round 67 propelled the Vols six spots up the standings to a tie for third place entering the final round
Women's Golfers of the Week
Maddie Szeryk, Texas A&M
- Set a Texas A&M 36-hole record by starting 9-under through the first two rounds
- Started the tournament with a 7-under 65, the second-best round in school history. She holds the school record with a 8-under 63 earlier this season • Finished second for the second straight tournament, marking her fourth Top 3 finish and her fifth Top 10 in six tournaments this season
- Helped the Aggies to a fourth-place finish, despite Texas A&M being down to just four golfers on the final day of competition
- Has shot par-or-better in 13 of 16 rounds this season, and has shot in the 60s seven times
Women's Freshman Golfer of the Week
Elena Hualde, Auburn
- Won second tournament of the season Sunday, earning medalist honors in the Auburn-Tennessee Challenge
- Shot 68-72=140 (-4) to win by three strokes; second straight tournament and fourth this season to finish under par
- One of two players in the field to finish under par
- Is a combined 10-under par through two spring tournaments; all five rounds this spring at even par or better
- Has a season scoring average of 72.00 with 11 of 19 rounds at par or better