Men's Golfer of the Week
Lee Hodges, Alabama
- Junior Lee Hodges claimed medalist honors to lead the Alabama men's golf team to a third-place finish at the Desert Mountain Intercollegiate over the weekend.
- Behind the play of Hodges, who carded a 10-under par 206, the Crimson Tide had its best result of the season, closing the 54-hole event with a season-low tournament total of 7-under par 857 (285-290-282). For the first time in his career, Hodges carded three consecutive sub-70 rounds on his way to winning the second tournament title of his career (also won the 2015 Shoal Creek Intercollegiate while at UAB).
- The Elkmont, Ala., native began the event by carding a 3-under par 69 in Saturday's opening 18 holes and followed that with a 4-under 68 to finish the day with a career-best 36-hole score of 7-under par 137. Hodges capped the stellar weekend with another 69 on Sunday to become the Tide's first individual medalist of the season.
- His 10-under par marks the best tournament mark of his career in terms of vs. par, while his 206 is second only to the 203 he carded last fall in the Jerry Pate Intercollegiate (finished third).
Men's Freshman Golfer of the Week
Jovan Rebula, Auburn
- T-8th at the Tiger Invitational presented by Jason Dufner at 5-under 69-72-70-211
- Second top-10 finish this season
- Carded 17 birdies in three days of competition
Women's Golfers of the Week
Cheyenne Knight, Alabama
- Sophomore Cheyenne Knight fired a career-best 65 in the final round to lead Alabama to victory at the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate on Sunday. Alabama's win at the Rucker is the second in a row for the team and for Knight, who earned individual medalist honors a year ago as well.
- Knight (68-72-65/205) played a bogey-free round on Sunday with three birdies on both the front and back nines to win by seven shots over Arizona State's Linnea Strom and become just the seventh Tide golfer to shoot a round of 65 or better and the third to do it this season. Knight's previous low round was a five-under par 66 in the first round of the Schooner Fall Classic earlier this season. Her three-round score of 205 is the second-lowest of her career, behind only her school-record 202, set at the 2016-17 season-opening Mason Rudolph Championship, and the fifth-lowest in school history.
Women's Freshman Golfer of the Week
Ana Pelaez , South Carolina
- Finished tied for ninth at the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate with a 54-hole mark of 218 (+5).
- Her three-round total beat five players currently ranked in the top 20 by Golfstat and was the third-best showing among freshman in the field.
- Pelaez has grabbed top-15 finishes in each of her last three tournaments, including top-10 showings in both of the Gamecocks' events this spring