Player of the Week
Sydney Campbell • Vanderbilt
Senior • Franklin, Tenn.
- Clinched Commodores first-ever SEC regular season championship in straight-sets on Senior Day.
- Down 6-3 in a first set tiebreaker, Campbell rallied to take the opening set 7-6(3), and second set 6-4.
- Clinch came two years after Campbell lost clinching match in SEC regular season decider against Texas A&M in 2015.
- Senior went undefeated on the weekend in singles.
- Both singles wins were in straight sets and over top-45 opponents.
- Campbell has won 10 of last 12 completed singles matches.
- Gave VU the 3-1 edge against South Carolina, which contributed to the 'Dores 11th SEC victory of the season.
- Senior captain sits just two wins from 100 career victories, with majority of career play on courts one and two.
- Owns an overall record of 22-5 and dual record of 13-4 (8-2).
4/14 Ingrid Martins (43), South Carolina (12) W, 6-4, 6-2
4/16 Josie Kuhlman (14), Florida (1) W 7-6(6), 6-4
4/14 Cline/Folland, South Carolina (12) L 3-6
4/16 Austin/Keegan (18), Florida (1) L 2-6
Freshman of the Week
Giulia Pairone • Arkansas
- Helped the Hogs to a sweep of No. 33 Alabama and No. 11 Auburn for the second straight season.
- Went a combined 3-1 in singles and doubles on the weekend (2-0 in singles).
- Surrendered just six games across two singles matches during the weekend.
- Earned her highest ranked victory in doubles against Auburn on Sunday.
- Guided Arkansas to its eighth win against a nationally ranked opponent this season and its highest ranked win since beating No. 5 California in 2011 at the ITA National Indoor Championships.
- Helped the Razorbacks defeat Auburn for the third straight season.
- Improved to 15-3 in singles this spring, including a 9-3 mark in SEC play.
- Extended her singles win streak to five matches.
- Pushed her record over her last 10 singles matches to 7-2.
- Bettered her doubles record to 10-6 this spring.
- Arkansas is 12-3 this spring in matches where she has earned a singles victory.
4/14 Smith Hinton, Alabama (33) W, 6-0, 6-0
4/16 Georgie Axon, Auburn (11) W, 6-4, 6-2
4/14 Routliffe/Pothoff (8), Alabama (33) L 2-6
4/16 Michaud/Russo (16), Auburn (11) W, 6-1