Player of the Week
Gustav Hansson • Ole Miss
Junior • Karlskrona, Sweden
- Went 2-0 in singles with two ranked wins, including No. 19 William Bushamuka, to help the Rebels rally for a 4-2 win against Kentucky after dropping the doubles point.
- It marked the first time this year for the Rebels to come back and win after dropping the doubles point.
- His win over Bushamuka gave the Rebels a 2-1 lead with three of the four remaining matches in third sets.
- It marked the Rebels seventh straight victory on the season and seventh in the last eight meetings against Kentucky.
- Improved to 20-11 overall, 11-7 at No. 1 singles and 6-6 in the SEC.
- His win against No. 58 ranked Danny Valent helped the Rebels win their fifth straight against Vanderbilt.
- Has won six straight in singles and now has nine ranked wins this year.
4/14 Danny Valent (58), Vanderbilt (40) W, 7-5, 6-4
4/16 William Bushamuka (19), Kentucky (24) W, 6-4, 7-5
Freshman of the Week
Valentin Vacherot • Texas A&M
- Defeated Jan Zielinski to help the Aggies clinch a share of the 2017 SEC regular season championship.
- First singles match off the court against the Bulldogs to improve to 18-3 this spring, leads Texas A&M in dual victories (18).
- Improved to 9-1 in SEC play, tying for the second most league victories on the Texas A&M roster.
- Won 44 of 55 sets this spring, of matches that were finished, dropping just six sets in 12 SEC matches.
- Vacherot's 18 dual victories are the most by an Aggis since AJ Catanzariti tallied 20 in 2015.
4/15 Jan Zielinksi, Georgia (11) W, 6-3, 6-0