INDIANAPOLIS -- A total of nine teams and four individuals from the Southeastern Conference will participate in the 2017 NCAA Division I Women's Golf Regionals, announced Thursday by the NCAA.
Four regional tournaments will be conducted May 8-10 to determine the championships field. Regional tournaments are considered preliminary rounds of NCAA championships competition and all national championships policies apply. Six teams and three individuals will advance from each regional.
The national championships will be May 19-24 at Rich Harvest Farms, in Sugar Grove, Illinois, hosted by Northern Illinois University. The final three days of the championship will be televised live by the Golf Channel.
The nine SEC teams are:
- University of Alabama (Athens Regional)
- Auburn University (Athens Regional)
- University of Arkansas (Columbus Regional)
- University of Florida (Columbus Regional)
- University of Georgia (Athens Regional)
- University of Kentucky (Columbus Regional)
- University of South Carolina (Columbus Regional)
- University of Tennessee (Athens Regional)
- Texas A&M University (Columbus Regional)
The four individual golfers from the SEC are:
- Jess Yuen, Missouri (Albuquerque Regional)
- Chieh Jessica Peng, Mississippi State (Athens Regional)
- Alexandra Farnsworth, Vanderbilt (Athens Regional)
- Caroline Nistrup, LSU (Lubbock Regional)