Men's Runner of the Week: Jacob Thomson, Kentucky
- Kentucky's Jacob Thomson was named USTFCCCA National Athlete of the Week on Monday after he looked the part in his 2017 cross country debut last Saturday at the Bluegrass Invitational at Masterson Station Park, winning by 11.3 seconds with a time of 23:42.10.
- He ran more than a minute faster than his time at the same meet last year.
Women's Runner of the Week: Katy Kunc, Kentucky
- Kentucky's Katy Kunc won the Bluegrass Invitational for the third year in a row and became the first woman in the SEC to break 17 minutes for 5k this season based on times reported.
- Kunc finished in 16:42.10 - 11.9 seconds ahead of EKU's Charlotte Imer who finished 18.9 seconds ahead of Kunc at the Eagle Opener on Friday, Sept. 1.
Men's Freshman of the Week: Ryan Yerrow, Texas A&M
- Texas A&M's Ryan Yerrow placed 10th overall in his first race wearing an Aggie uniform, posting the top finish by a freshman among the field of 78 runners. Yerrow ran a time of 25:45.3 as he finished fourth among the Texas A&M squad.
- The Aggies won the team title with 49 points over Georgia Tech (56), Tennessee (68), Georgia (78), Auburn (112) and LSU (151).
Women's Freshman of the Week: Abigail Smith, Tennessee
- Running in her first collegiate 6K, Tennessee's Abigail Smith finished 27th with a time of 23:07.60.
- Smith finished third among all freshman runners in a race that featured runners from Georgia, Georgia Tech, Texas A&M, South Carolina and LSU.