Men's Runner of the Week: Zach Long, Tennessee
- Tennessee's Zach Long posted the best 8K time of his career at 23:50 in the Paul Short Run, marking his first time breaking the 24-minute mark.
- He was in third place through the first mile at 4:36. He was the top SEC finisher in a meet that also featured Georgia and Mississippi State. Long's 10th-place finish was also the fourth top 10 showing of his UT cross country career.
Women's Runner of the Week: Jessica Drop, Georgia
- Georgia's Jessica Drop led the Lady Bulldogs for the eighth time in nine career meets by finishing third at the 6k Paul Short Run with a career-best time of 19:52.
- After winning the first two meets of the year, Drop finished two spots ahead of her twin sister Sam as Georgia topped a ranked Mississippi State squad and 39 other teams.
Men's Freshman of the Week: Ryan Yerrow, Texas A&M
- For the second time this season, Texas A&M's Ryan Yerrow was the top freshman finisher in an 8,000m race. Yerrow placed seventh in the Texas A&M Invitational and was second among the Aggie scoring five, trailing only teammate Alex Riba.
- Yerrow posted a time of 24:16.1, currently the third fastest time at this distance in the SEC and the top mark by a freshman. It's also the fastest freshman time in the conference since 2010 (24:13.0).
Women's Freshman of the Week: Lauren Gregory, Arkansas
- Arkansas's Lauren Gregory finished as the fifth overall freshman at the Joe Piane Invitational 5K with a time of 16:49.80 in her second race at Arkansas, a top-25 best 5K time in program history.
- She led Arkansas as the fastest Razorback at the event, and one of 29 runners to go sub-17:00.00 in the race. Arkansas took fourth place in the event ahead of No. 12 Notre Dame, No. 27 Utah, No. 26 Ohio State and Alabama even as the Razorbacks were down a runner and being the only team with five athletes competing in the race.