The Big 12 and Southeastern Conferences have announced the 2017 schedule and television coverage for their Women's Basketball Challenge, which will feature every team from the Big 12 against 10 squads from the SEC.
This is the second season in which 10 games will be played. The format consists of five home games on campus sites for each conference.
In 2017, games will be scheduled over the dates of Thursday-Sunday, November 30-December 3. Half of the contests feature at least one team that was ranked in the final 2016-17 USA Today coaches' poll. All 10 games will be televised.
The inaugural challenge was held in 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas, and featured a top 5 showdown with No. 3 Texas squaring off against No. 4 Texas A&M. Oklahoma and Arkansas, who were both receiving votes, played in the second game. The conferences split the Challenge with the two games decided by a total of nine points.
The 2015 version was contested in Oklahoma City with the opponents reversed as No. 5 Texas played Arkansas while No. 17 Oklahoma competed against No. 18 Texas A&M. Each league again claimed a win. In 2016, the SEC edged the Big 12, 6-4, in the first 10-game slate.
2017 Big 12/SEC Challenge Schedule
Thursday, November 30
- Kentucky at Baylor, 7:00 p.m. (FCS)
- K-State at Missouri, 8:00 p.m. (SEC Network)
- LSU at Texas Tech, 6:30 p.m. (FSSW+)
Friday, December 1
- Alabama at TCU, 12:00 p.m. (FSSW)
Saturday, December 2
- Iowa State at Vanderbilt, 3:00 p.m. (SEC Network)
Sunday, December 3
- Arkansas at Kansas, 2:00 p.m. (JTV/ESPN3)
- Florida at Oklahoma, 2:00 p.m. (FS Oklahoma+)
- Oklahoma State at Mississippi State, 1:00 p.m. (SEC Network)
- Texas at Georgia, 3:00 p.m. (SEC Network)
- West Virginia at Texas A&M, 7:00 p.m. (ESPNU)