BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The Southeastern Conference unveiled its 11th annual Preseason All-SEC Team to highlight the upcoming season of SEC softball.
Florida led all schools with five selections. Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss and Texas A&M each have two representatives on the squad, while Alabama, Kentucky, Missouri and Tennessee all had one player named to the team. In a class-by-class breakdown, the 2018 team consists of 10 seniors, six juniors and one sophomore.
The Preseason All-SEC Softball Team is voted on by the league's head coaches and consists of a minimum of 14 players. Each SEC head coach voted for five infielders, four outfielders, three pitchers, one catcher and one designated player/utility. No ties were broken.
Name, School - Position - Cl. - Ht. - Hometown
- Nicole DeWitt, Florida - IF - Sr. - 5-7 - Garden Grove, Calif.
- Kayli Kvistad, Florida - IF - Sr. - 5-8 - Lake City, Fla.
- Alyssa DiCarlo, Georgia - IF - Jr. - 5-9 - Glendale, Ariz.
- Katie Reed, Kentucky - IF - Jr. - 5-6 - St. Louis, Mo.
- Meghan Gregg, Tennessee - IF - Sr. - 5-10 - Williamson, Ga.
- Tori Vidales, Texas A&M - IF - Sr. - 5-8 - La Porte, Texas
- Alyssa Rivera, Auburn - OF - So. - 5-9 - Eagle Lake, Fla.
- Amanda Lorenz, Florida - OF - Jr. - 5-5 - Moorpark, Calif.
- Cortni Emanuel, Georgia - OF - Sr. - 5-4 - Missouri City, Texas
- Kylan Becker, Ole Miss - OF - Jr. - 5-9 - Miami, Fla.
- Elantra Cox, Ole Miss - OF - Sr. - 5-4 - Henderson, Tenn.
- Regan Nash, Missouri - OF - Jr. - 5-7 - Camden Point, Mo.
- Alexis Osorio, Alabama - P - Sr. - 5-8 - Riverside, Calif.
- Kaylee Carlson, Auburn - P - Sr. - 5-10 - Garden Grove, Calif.
- Kelly Barnhill, Florida - P - Jr. - 5-7 - Marietta, Ga.
- Ashley Walters, Texas A&M - C - Sr. - 5-8 - Center Point, Texas
- Aleshia Ocasio, Florida - DP/UT - Sr. - 5-9 - St. Cloud, Fla.