Men's Golfer of the Week:
Spencer Ralston, Georgia
Junior • Gainesville, Ga.
- Ralston claimed medalist honors for the first time in his career at the Linger Longer Invitational.
- Ralston had rounds of 70-69-66 for a total of 11-under 205, three shots ahead of the runner-up.
- Ralston led the Bulldogs to a 6-shot victory over Liberty to earn the team title.
- All three of Ralston's rounds counted as the Bulldogs went 287-284-283 for a 10-under 854.
- Ralston has four top-10s this season and 14 for his career. • Ralston ranks fourth in the SEC with a scoring average of 69.87.
- Ralston leads the Bulldogs with 20 par-or-better rounds, including 11 in the 60s.
Men's Freshman Golfer of the Week:
Ford Clegg, Mississippi State
- Has played in all seven of MSU's tournaments this season
- 71.71 season stroke average
- One of two freshman SEC golfers with four or more top-15 finishes @ Desert Mountain Intercollegiate (March 9-10)
- Tied for third; career-best finish - Third consecutive top 15 finish
- Helped Mississippi State to first team victory since 2014
- Shot 5-under-211 at the par-72, 6,107- yd Outlaw Course
- 211 tied a career-low 54-hole total - 68 in round one, 67 in round two @ Schenkel Invitational (March 15-17, 2019)
- Finished tied for 13th with a 1-under 215
- Earned fourth consecutive top-15 finish
- Shot a 69 in first round
Women's Golfers of the Week:
Leonie Bettel, Kentucky
- Tied for first at the Clover Cup with a score of 2-under par (214)
- Recorded her third individual championship of the season, moving just one win shy of the school record for most tournament titles in single-season history.
- Sunk a birdie putt on the final hole to move into first place.
- Led by as many as five shots during the tournament but had to rally after some third-round adversity. Came from two shots behind on the back nine of the final day.
- Fired a 5-under-par 67 in the first round.
Courtney Dow, Texas A&M
Dr. Donnis Thompson Invitational - 1st - 68-74-74=216 (E)
- Won her first collegiate tournament, a three-stroke victory
- Was the only player in the 75-player field to shoot at least even par over 54 holes.
- Helped the Aggies to their top finish of the season, a third-place finish.
- Her first-round 68 was the lowest round of the tournament.
- Co-led the event with 10 birdies.
Women's Freshman Golfer of the Week:
Ellen Hutchinson-Kay, Ole Miss
Taby, Sweden / Celsiusskolan
- Finished tied for 15th at the Tar Heel Classic in the Dominican Republic.
- Tied best 54-hole score as a Rebel going 72-74-73-219, notching fourth top-20 finish of the season.
- Played the par 3 and par 5's under par, going 1-under on both.
- Second on the teams in pars with 38, good for fifth in the field.
- Helped lead Ole Miss to a fifth-place finish as a team above two teams ranked higher in Golfstat's national rankings.
- Finished above five players ranked in the Golfstat Top-100 player rankings.