GAINESVILLE, Fla. - No. 7 Florida defeated Mercer, 10-2 in five innings, on a beautiful Saturday at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.
An impressive onslaught from the offense, as it totaled 10 runs on 10 hits, and a strong start from Kelly Barnhill (17-3), allowed the Gators (26-6) to route the Bears (13-19) in the first game of a two-game series.
Offensively, eight different Gators scored runs, including two runs each from Kendyl Lindaman and Amanda Lorenz. Lindaman hit two home runs and drove in six runs on the day. Her six-RBI game ties her career-high for RBI in a single game.
Four different pitchers entered the circle for Florida today. Barnhill (17-3) and Natalie Lugo combined for 10 strikeouts and allowed no hits over 4.0 innings. A combination of Danni Farley and Katie Chronister finished out the final inning.
- Florida improved to 7-0 historically against Mercer with all seven wins coming at home.
- Cheyenne Lindsey recorded her second RBI of the season in the second inning.
- Lindaman has now reached base safely in 31-straight contests.
- The only game she did not reach safely was the first game of the 2019 season against Illinois State on Feb. 8.
- Lindaman has homered in three-straight games, as well as four of her last five and five of her last seven games.
- Today is her first game with six RBI this season, which ties her career-high, and her eighth game this season with multiple RBI.
- This was her first game with multiple homeruns this season, and her fifth time in her career.
- Kelly Barnhill has struck out the side 17 times this season, including once today.
- Barnhill's scoreless innings streak improves to 10.0 innings.
- As a team, Florida has struck out the side 24 times this season.
- This is Florida's 13th game this season striking out 10 or more batters.
- The Gators are 12-1 in those games.
The Gators close out their two-game series with Mercer on Sunday at 1 p.m. at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.