OXFORD, Miss. -- Three players had double-digit kills and Kristen Brashear tallied a career-high 30 digs to lead the Rebels to a 3-1 victory against Lipscomb Wednesday night at the Gillom Sports Center. It marked the team's seventh consecutive win.
With the win, the Rebels improved to 11-1 on the season as they get ready to head to Birmingham, Alabama, to take on Jacksonville State, UAB and Mississippi Valley State in the Fight like Hal Memorial Invitational.
The Rebels took the first two sets, 25-21 and 25-19 to head into the break, up 2-0. Lipscomb came out of the intermission and hit .357 to win the fourth set 25-18, but the Rebels were able to close out the Bison 25-21 in the fourth for the win.
• Junior Kristen Brashear tallied a career-high 30 digs in the win and added three assists and two service aces.
• Senior Ty Laporte led all Rebels with 15 kills on a .429 percentage and chipped in five blocks.
• Junior Aubrey Edie passed out 46 assists as five Rebels finished with at least nine kills including three in double digits. Edie also pitched in 12 digs.
• Freshman Kathryn Cather put down 11 kills on a .333 clip, one of her season-high (12). She also had four digs and two blocks. Sophomore Lexi Thompson finished with 10 kills, nine digs and two blocks.
• Freshman Alexis Lee and senior Nakeyta Clair both added nine kills. Clair hit .304 and had four blocks, while Lee added seven digs.
• Ole Miss improved to 2-0 all-time against Lipscomb, who made the NCAA Tournament last year.
The Rebels will open up the Fight like Hal Memorial Invitational against Jacksonville State Friday at 12 p.m., followed by UAB at 6 p.m.