GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Three-time All-American senior right side Alex Holston and junior outside hitter Carli Snyder tallied 15 kills apiece to lead the Gators offense, which finished with a .438 hitting percentage, their second-highest clip of the year, in a sweep of Georgia on Sunday (Oct. 23) afternoon.
Snyder, who also tallied nine digs, hit .583 for the match, while Holston amassed eight digs, three blocks, and a .536 hitting percentage.
Behind the service line, UF posted six aces, four of which came from redshirt sophomore setter Allie Monserez. In addition to being a career high, Monserez's four aces were the most by any Gator in a match this year.
For the 16th time this season and sixth consecutive match, junior libero Caroline Knop led the Gators in digs, posting a match-high 13 in that category.
The first two sets were, for the most part, back-and-forth battles, ending in 25-19 wins for the Gators. UF took complete control of the third right from the outset, scoring 13 of the first 14 points. Monserez was on serve for a 10-point run, during which she posted all four of her aces. The eight points allowed in the final set were the fewest UF surrendered in a set since giving up eight against Georgia back on Oct. 29, 2014.
The victory moves UF into a tie for second place in the SEC standings.
No. 10 Florida: 18-2, 8-1 SEC
Georgia: 13-9, 1-8 SEC
NOTABLES AND TRENDS
* Florida improves to 60-9 all-time against Georgia, and logged its 44th sweep of the Bulldogs
* The Gators have won 12 of the last 13 meetings against Georgia via sweeps
* Florida held its opponent below a .200 clip for the fifth consecutive match and 15th time this season
* Alex Holston's 15 kills equaled her highest total in a three-set match this year
* Holston's .536 hitting percentage was her second-best clip of the year, though her season high of .545 against Morgan State came on just 11 total attacks
* Allie Monserez's four service aces topped her previous career high of three, which she set on two different occasions, the most recent of which came at Alabama on Sep. 25
* Carli Snyder's 15 kills tied her highest total in a three-set match this season
* Today marked the season time this season Snyder hit above .575 (minimum of 10 total attacks)
Florida continues its four-match homestand at the Lemerand Athletic Center, where the Gators are 6-1 this season, next Friday (Oct. 28) against Ole Miss and Sunday (Oct. 30) against LSU. Friday's match will be streamed via SEC Network +, while Sunday's match will be televised by SEC Network. Both matches can also be heard on ESPN Gainesville 95.3 FM / 850 AM.
First serve on Friday will be at 7 p.m. ET, and Sunday's match will commence at 12 p.m. ET.