LOS ANGELES- Chennedy Carter scored a school-record 46 points, including the go-ahead basket with 10.9 seconds to play, giving No. 19 Texas A&M a 75-74 win over Southern California in a women's basketball game on Friday.
The Aggies (9-2) led 73-68 with 30 seconds to play, but USC (8-1) got back-to-back 3-pointers from Sadie Edwards to take a one-point lead with 20 seconds left. Without a timeout remaining, Carter drove to the baseline and hit a jumper over two Trojan defenders to take the lead. USC missed their final two shots in a frenetic final 10 seconds, to give the Aggies a win.
Carter's 46 points broke Danielle Adams' Texas A&M single-game record of 40 points, set on Feb. 12, 2011 against Kansas. Carter contributed on 23 of the Aggies' 27 made field goals, adding six assists to a Texas A&M-record 17 made field goals. Her 46 points tie for the ninth on the SEC single-game scoring list all-time.
Danni Williams added 11 points, and Anriel Howard had a season-high 17 rebounds.
USC led 30-29 after the first half, as Carter had 18 of her 46. The game featured 17 lead changes and 13 ties.
The Aggies return to action to Wednesday, December 20 to face Hawai'i in Las Vegas, Nevada to open the Duel in the Desert.
- Texas A&M improves to 9-2 on the season, handing USC its first loss of the season. The Trojans fall to 8-1 on the season.
- The Aggies are 9-0 against unranked teams this season
- Texas A&M head coach Gary Blair is 340-142 in 15 seasons at Texas A&M and 748-306 in his Hall of Fame career, which ranks eighth among active coaches in career wins.
- Set the Texas A&M single-game scoring record with 41 points, breaking Danielle Adams' record of 40 against Kansas on Feb. 12, 2011.
- Her 46 points tie for the ninth-most by an SEC player in a single game
- Set the Texas A&M single-game record with 17 field goals made
- Broke her own Texas A&M freshman scoring record. She previously set the record on Nov. 26 with 30 at Texas Tech.
- Scored 30+ points for the second time in her career, becoming only the 10th Aggie with multiple 30+ point games.
- Had her fifth 20+ point scoring game of her 11 game career.
- Scored 10+ points for the 11th consecutive game. She is the first Texas A&M freshman to start her career with 11 straight double-figure scoring games
- Had a season-high 17 rebounds
- Had 10+ rebounds for the sixth straight game and the 10th time in 11 games this season