Birmingham, Ala. - ESPN has announced the television network designations and start times for the sixth annual SEC/Big 12 Challenge.
Four of the 10 games will be televised on ESPN, four on ESPN2 and two games will air on ESPNU. All 10 games will also be available on the ESPN app. ESPN's College GameDay Covered by State Farm - the Saturday roadshow that discusses the top storylines of the college basketball season - will originate from one of the Challenge games.
All 10 of the Big 12's teams and 10 of the SEC's 14 member institutions will participate in this year's event. Each of the 10 SEC teams that participated in the 2018 Challenge are a part of the 2019 event.
This will be the fourth year that a bye in the league schedule for participating teams was created to accommodate the single-day format. The four SEC teams not participating will play each other in conference games the same day.
The SEC is coming off a 6-4 win in the 2018 Big 12/SEC Challenge after a 5-5 tie in 2017.
The SEC is coming off another successful season as 10 teams advanced to postseason play in 2018, including a league-record eight teams that received NCAA Tournament bids.
Kentucky (2), LSU (5), Vanderbilt (9), Florida (18), Alabama (20), Mississippi State (22) and Arkansas (25) each have recruiting classes that rank among the top 25 of ESPN's RecruitingNation Class Rankings for 2018. Twenty-one of ESPN's 2018 Top 100 recruits signed with SEC schools, including 13 of the top 50 players.
2019 SEC/Big 12 Challenge - January 26, 2019 (All Times Eastern):
- 12:00 p.m. - Florida at TCU (ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU)
- 12:00 p.m. - Alabama at Baylor (ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU)
- 12:00 p.m. - Iowa State at Ole Miss (ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU)
- 2:00 p.m. - Kansas State at Texas A&M (ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU)
- 2:00 p.m. - Texas at Georgia (ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU)
- 2:00 p.m. - South Carolina at Oklahoma State (ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU)
- 4:00 p.m. - Vanderbilt at Oklahoma (ESPN/ESPN2)
- 4:00 p.m. - West Virginia at Tennessee (ESPN/ESPN2)
- 6:00 p.m. - Kansas at Kentucky (ESPN/ESPN2)
- 6:00 p.m. - Arkansas at Texas Tech (ESPN/ESPN2)