Men's Golfer of the Week:
Jamie Wilson, South Carolina
Mount Pleasant, S.C. / Bishop England
Augusta Haskins Award Invitational // -12 (71-66-67 - 204) // 2nd
- Tallied new career-best finish at the Augusta Haskins Award Invitational, earning runner-up medalist honors after three consecutive under par rounds
- Helped the 17th ranked Gamecocks comeback to finish second, just three shots behind No. 3 Wake Forest who had an 11-stroke lead going into the final round
- Wilson carded a bogey free 67 (-5) in the third round on Sunday as the team made a late charge with a field-best 273 (-15)
- His second round 66, which featured seven birdies and an eagle, matched a career-low, 18-hole score
- Was his second-straight top-five finish and sixth consecutive under par round dating back to the team's win at the Hootie at Bulls Bay Intercollegiate (March 24-26)
- He finished second in the 75-man field with 15 birdies over 54 holes
- Tied for the field lead in par-3 scoring average (2.83, -2) and ranked sixth in par-4 scoring average (3.87, -4)
- Wilson now ranks second on the team with seven rounds in the 60s this spring
- Marked his sixth career top-20 finish (fourth this season) and third career top-five (second this season)
Patrick Martin, Vanderbilt
- Martin carded his third top five and fifth top 10 finish of the season after finishing in second place at the Mason Rudolph Championship with a final total of 10-under-par 203 (70-67-66).
- Martin tied for the tournament lead in birdies with 17 and was Vanderbilt's top finisher in a 17-stroke team win last weekend.
- Martin currently has a season stroke average of 70.42.
Men's Freshman Golfer of the Week:
Cullan Brown, Kentucky
Eddyville, Kentucky - Lyon County
Tournament: Mason Rudolph Championship
Scores: 64-73-69 (206, -7)
Place: Tied for Fifth
- Brown led the Wildcats to a fourth-place finish at the Mason Rudolph Championship this week.
- He fired a 64-73-69 for the week for a 206 and 7-under par tournament score. The 206 combined 54-hole total is the sixth-lowest in 13 seasons under Brian Craig.
- The opening round of 64 is tied for the lowest round of any player during Craig's tenure. Prior to this week, Brown had played in just 12 career rounds with his lowest round coming in at 70 twice.
- The 206 total is 11 strokes better than his previous career-low score. His two sub-70 rounds pushed his season total to seven total rounds of par or lower. His top-five finish is a career-best, topping his previous best finish of a tie for 16th at the Schenkel Invitational.
- Brown's stellar play helped the team to an 851 score, which is a season low and the ties for the 11th best team score under Craig. Kentucky's fourth-best finish is a season best this season.
Ford Clegg, Mississippi State
Birmingham, AL - Mountain Brook HS
- Has played in all nine of MSU's tournaments this season
- 71.63 season stroke average
- One of two freshman SEC golfers with five or more top-15 finishes
- Has been a top-20 finisher in six consecutive events
@ Mason Rudolph Championship (April 5-7, 2019)
- Finished tied for 13th with a 4-under-209
- 209 was career-best 54-hole score
- Shot a 3-under 67 in round two
- Mississippi State's best finisher
- Placed higher than five golfers ranked in the Golfstat Top 100
Women's Golfer of the Week:
Julie McCarthy, Auburn
Clemson Invitational // -8 (66-70 - 136) // T-1 (of 96)
- Finished tied for 1st overall to claim her first collegiate victory
- Shot a career-low 66 (-6) in the first round with seven birdies and one bogey
- Carded 11 birdies over two rounds, the second-most of any player in the field
- Earned her sixth Top 5 finish of the season
- With both rounds coming under par, she has now shot par or better in five straight rounds and in 11 of her last 16 rounds dating back to October
- Led Auburn to a second-place finish at the Clemson Invitational
Micheala Williams, Tennessee
Clemson Invitational // -8 (136) // T1
- Williams finished atop the field that had 16 of the top 100 golfers in the country according the latest Golfstat rankings.
- Had a three-shot lead for the individual title and was 11-under-par for the tournament and 3-under for her third round before the tournament was suspended indefinitely due to weather
- Fired a pair of rounds in the 60s this week giving her seven in 13 rounds played this spring, bringing her spring stroke average to 70.46
- Score has counted for 14 consecutive rounds, the streak dates back to the final event of the fall season.
Women's Freshman Golfer of the Week:
Auston Kim, Vanderbilt
St. Augustine, Fla.
- Kim continued her strong first year at Vanderbilt, leading the Commdores to a comfortable team win at the rain-shortened Clemson Invitational.
- Kim finished the tournament tied for third individually after posting under-par rounds of 69 and 68 to conclude the tournament with a 36-hole total of 7-under 137.
- An Annika Award and Palmer Cup candidate, Kim has posted four top-five individual performances, the most of any Commodore this year.
- Kim has sparked a resurgent Vanderbilt squad that ranks No. 7 nationally (Golfstat) and has matched a team record with five tournament victories this year.