COLUMBIA, Mo. - No. 25 Mizzou Volleyball (14-4, 6-2 SEC) wrapped up a perfect weekend in Southeastern Conference play Sunday afternoon at the Hearnes Center, following a sweep (25-19, 27-25, 25-18) over Mississippi State.
The Tigers have won four consecutive matches in SEC action and have been victorious in six of their past seven league matchups.
Mizzou's offense hit .400-plus for the second time in its last three outings, finishing with 56 kills on .415 hitting Sunday against the Bulldogs. On the year, the Tigers have eclipsed a team .400 hitting mark seven times.
#ShowMe Top Performers vs. Mississippi State
- Andrea Fuentes: 51 assists, 1 ace
- Kylie Deberg: 14 kills on .345 hitting, 1 ace, 6 digs, 3 total blocks
- Leketor Member-Meneh: 13 kills on .765 hitting, 1 ace
- Tyanna Omazic: 12 kills on .444 hitting, 3 total blocks
- Dariana Hollingsworth-Santana: 10 kills on .438 hitting, 4 digs
- Kayla Caffey: 7 kills on .500 hitting
- Riley Sents: 12 digs
Hear From Interim Head Coach Joshua Taylor
On Sunday's impressive offensive showing... "We were consistent from the get-go today. All five of our primary attackers hit above .340 today and four of those players hit .430-plus. A lot of credit has to go to Andrea (Fuentes), as she put our attackers in a great position to succeed. I was pleased with our offense's consistency all weekend long. We got so many players doing great things at the moment. A true team effort."
• Mizzou improves to 13-0 all-time against Mississippi State. • Sunday's straight-set victory marked the Tigers' ninth all-time sweep over the Bulldogs. • The Tigers' offense performed at an exceptional rate over their two-match SEC weekend. Overall, Mizzou recorded 102 kills (17.00 per set) on .380 hitting. All five of the Tigers' primary attackers posted .350-plus hitting percentages combined in matches versus the Razorbacks and Bulldogs. • Hollingsworth-Santana (.471), Omazic (.457), Caffey (.421) and Member-Meneh (.410) particularly shined with outstanding .400-plus hitting totals this weekend. • Fuentes was magnificent in orchesterating the Tiger offense, recording 89 assists (14.83 per set) over Mizzou's two victories. • Defensively, Sents paved the way in the back row with 26 digs (4.33 per set) over six total sets played. • Member-Meneh was lights out Sunday versus the Bulldogs, recording 13 kills on a career-high .765 hitting percentage. That hitting mark obliterated her previous standard of .619 set earlier this season vs. Tennessee (Oct. 20). • Hollingsworth-Santana continued her emergence in SEC play, as she now owns 74 kills on .384 hitting across eight conference matches.
Mizzou hosts No. 13 Florida inside the Hearnes Center this upcoming Wednesday (Oct. 30) evening. First serve is scheduled for 8 p.m. CT and the match will broadcast live on ESPNU.
Visit MUTigers.com for the latest information on all things Mizzou Volleyball. You can also find the Tigers on social media by liking us on Facebook (Missouri Volleyball) and following us on Twitter and Instagram (@MizzouVB).