LINCOLN, Neb. - Mizzou Volleyball (22-7) began postseason play Friday evening inside the Devaney Center with a bang, sweeping (25-11, 25-13, 25-14) Northern Iowa.
The Tigers improved to 11-5 all-time in NCAA Tournament First Round contests following Friday's straight-set victory. Mizzou has now won six consecutive NCAA Tournament First Round matchups dating back to 2013.
Mizzou's fantastic .363 hitting percentage against the Panthers marked the program's fifth-highest team hitting mark in NCAA Tournament history.
#SHOWME TOP PERFORMERS VS. NORTHERN IOWA
- Andrea Fuentes: 24 assists, 11 digs, 1 kill
- Tyanna Omazic: 10 kills on .500 hitting, 6 digs, 5 total blocks
- Leketor Member-Meneh: 9 kills on .412 hitting, 3 aces, 7 digs
- Kylie Deberg: 9 kills, 4 digs, 3 solo blocks, 5 total blocks
- Riley Sents: 13 digs, 2 assists, 1 ace
HEAR FROM HEAD COACH JOSHUA TAYLOR
On Friday's NCAA Tournament
"I thought we played some pretty good volleyball and I think that was kind of one of our focuses going into the tournament. Especially since the end of the SEC, one of our focuses was coming in a little more mentally prepared. The girls did an excellent job of carrying that over tonight and I think we came in prepared and ready to go from 0-0. We did some good things."
- Following Friday's contest, Mizzou now trails in the all-time series against Northern Iowa, 10-5-2.
- The Tigers produced two victories over the Panthers this season, beginning with a 3-1 triumph inside the Hearnes Center earlier this year (Sept. 13).
- Mizzou improves to 2-1 all-time versus Northern Iowa in NCAA Tournament play. The Tigers have now won two-straight over the Panthers in postseason action, joining their triumph in Cedar Falls, Iowa, nine years ago (Dec. 3, 2010).
- Fuentes recorded her first career NCAA Tournament double-double Friday, following 24 assists and 11 digs. It marked Mizzou's 36th all-time individual double-double in postseason play.
- Omazic's .500 hitting percentage on 18 attacks ranks tied for 10th all-time in Mizzou postseason history. It stands as her second career .500 hitting performance in NCAA Tournament action.
- Member-Meneh and Dariana Hollingsworth-Santana each tallied three aces versus Northern Iowa, ranking tied for fifth all-time in Mizzou NCAA Tournament history.
- Deberg's three solo blocks ranked tied for third in Tiger postseason history.
- Collectively, Mizzou's seven service aces ranked tied for fifth in its NCAA Tournament history.
For the second-straight year, Mizzou will meet Nebraska in a second round matchup inside the Devaney Center. The Tigers and No. 5 national seed Cornhuskers will kick off action Saturday evening at 7 p.m. CT.