BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (Jan. 6, 2020) -- Two Southeastern Conference track and field student-athletes have been named to the 2020 Bowerman Women's Preseason Watch List, it was announced Monday by the United States Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA). The men's watch list will be announced Tuesday.
The two SEC female athletes on the preseason watch list are Arkansas' Katie Izzo and Taylor Werner. Izzo and Werner are the eighth and ninth Razorbacks named to a Bowerman watch list.
A total of 10 female athletes were named to the Bowerman Preseason Watch List.
The Bowerman is the highest honor bestowed to collegiate track and field's most outstanding athletes of the year. An SEC female athlete has won the Bowerman in each of the last two years: Georgia's Keturah Orji in 2018 and LSU's Sha'Carri Richardson in 2019.
Bowerman Preseason Watch List (Women's)
- Angie Annelus, Southern California (Sprints)
- Chanel Brissett, Southern California (Sprints/Hurdles)
- Katie Izzo, Arkansas (Distance)
- Dani Jones, Colorado (Mid-Distance/Distance)
- Weini Kelati, New Mexico (Distance)
- Alicia Monson, Wisconsin (Mid-Distance)
- Samantha Noennig, Arizona State (Throws)
- Twanisha Terry, Southern California (Sprints)
- Laulauga Tausaga, Iowa (Throws)
- Taylor Werner, Arkansas (Distance)