BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (Jan. 7, 2020) -- Four Southeastern Conference track and field student-athletes have been named to the 2020 Bowerman Men's Preseason Watch List, it was announced Tuesday by the United States Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA).
The four SEC male athletes named to the preseason watch list include Texas A&M's Devin Dixon, Georgia's Johannes Erm, South Carolina's Quincy Hall and LSU's JuVaughn Harrison.
It was announced Monday that two SEC female athletes were named to the preseason watch list: Arkansas' Katie Izzo and Taylor Werner.
Ten male athletes and 10 female athletes were named to the Bowerman Preseason Watch List.
The Bowerman is the highest honor bestowed to collegiate track and field's most outstanding athletes of the year. An SEC male athlete has won the Bowerman in five of the last six years: Texas A&M's Deon Lendore in 2014, Florida's Marquis Dendy in 2015, Arkansas' Jarrion Lawson in 2016, Tennessee's Christian Coleman in 2017 and Florida's Grant Holloway in 2019.
Bowerman Preseason Watch List (Men's)
- Trey Cunningham, Florida State (Hurdles)
- Devin Dixon, Texas A&M (Mid-Distance/Relays)
- Gleb Dudarev, Kansas (Throws)
- Johannes Erm, Georgia (Combined Events)
- Quincy Hall, South Carolina (Sprints/Hurdles)
- JuVaughn Harrison, LSU (Jumps)
- Oliver Hoare, Wisconsin (Mid-Distance)
- Chengetayi Mapaya, TCU (Jumps)
- Chris Nilsen, South Dakota (Pole Vault)
- Trevor Stewart, North Carolina A&T (Sprints)