BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (Feb. 6, 2020) -- Five Southeastern Conference track and field athletes have been named to the latest edition of the men's Bowerman Watch List released Thursday by the United States Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA).
Texas A&M's Devin Dixon, Georgia's Johannes Erm, South Carolina's Quincy Hall, LSU's JuVaughn Harrison and Tennessee's Darryl Sullivan comprise half of the athletes named to the watch list. Florida's Clayton Brown is also receiving votes.
This marks the first time Sullivan has appeared on a watch list for The Bowerman, while Dixon, Erm, Hall and Harrison were included on the January watch list.
The Bowerman is the highest honor bestowed to collegiate track and field's most outstanding athletes of the year. An SEC male athlete has won the Bowerman in five of the last six years: Texas A&M's Deon Lendore in 2014, Florida's Marquis Dendy in 2015, Arkansas' Jarrion Lawson in 2016, Tennessee's Christian Coleman in 2017 and Florida's Grant Holloway in 2019.
THE BOWERMAN 2020
Men's Watch List -- February 6
- Trey Cunningham, Florida State (Hurdles)
- Tyler Day, Northern Arizona (Distance)
- Devin Dixon, Texas A&M (Mid-Distance/Relays)
- Gleb Dudarev, Kansas (Throws)
- Johannes Erm, Georgia (Combined Events)
- Quincy Hall, South Carolina (Sprints/Hurdles)
- JuVaughn Harrison, LSU (Jumps)
- Chris Nilsen, South Dakota (Pole Vault)
- Darryl Sullivan, Tennessee (Jumps)
- Trevor Stewart, North Carolina A&T (Sprints)
Also receiving votes
- Clayton Brown, Florida (Jumps)
- Micaiah Harris, Texas (Sprints)
- Oliver Hoare, Wisconsin (Mid-Distance)
- Joe Klecker, Colorado (Distance)
- KC Lightfoot, Baylor (Pole Vault)
- Conner Mantz, BYU (Distance)
- Chengetayi Mapaya, TCU (Jumps)
- Jacory Patterson, Virginia Tech (Sprints)
- Cooper Teare, Oregon (Distance)