TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - Alabama softball closed out its weekend at the Easton Crimson Classic with a 4-0 shutout over McNeese Sunday afternoon at Rhoads Stadium.
Twelfth-ranked Alabama (12-7) took the lead right away over McNeese (15-7) with a pair of runs in the first inning, adding one more in the third and fourth innings to bring the score to its final tally. Senior Alexis Mack had a pair of hits at the leadoff spot, as did junior KB Sides in the three-hole. Sides drove in one of Alabama's runs, with additional RBIs coming off an RBI single from junior Maddie Morgan and a solo home run from senior Bailey Hemphill. Celebrating her senior day, Krystal Goodman (3-0) threw a complete-game shutout with just four hits and one walk allowed along with a season-high six strikeouts.
- Hemphill had a home run and a walk today, increasing her team-leading reached base streak to 17 games
- Hemphill is now just one walk away from second-place Cassie-Reilly Boccia with 180 career walks and 20 walks away from Haylie McCleney's career record of 199
- Goodman fanned a season-high six batters, her eighth career game with at least five strikeouts
- The shutout was Alabama's fourth of the season
- B1st | After a leadoff single, senior Alexis Mack advanced to third on a groundout and then hustled home on an errant throw (Alabama 1, McNeese 0)
- B1st | Hemphill slugged a solo home run to center field (Alabama 2, McNeese 0)
- B3rd | An RBI single from junior Maddie Morgan drove in fellow junior KB Sides from second (Alabama 3, McNeese 0)
- B4th | After sophomore Skylar Wallace reached on an error, Sides roped a double to the left field gap to drive her in all the way from first (Alabama 4, McNeese 0)
Alabama wraps up its weekend at the Easton Crimson Classic against McNeese on Sunday, March 1 at 1:30 p.m. CT