SEC Men's Golfers of the Week - Feb. 17, 2021
MEN'S GOLFERS OF THE WEEK
Andrew Kozan, Auburn
West Palm Beach, Fla.
Gator Invitational // -11 (70-64-65--199) // T-1st
- Claimed co-medalist honors, the first individual crown of his career
- Guided team to a tie for second among 21 teams
- After an even-par first round, he rose 45 spots on the leaderboard across the final two rounds
- Shot a career-low 11-under with a career-best 6-under 64 in the second round
- Carded third and fourth below-par rounds of the season, including second and third rounds in the 60s this campaign
- Tallied 17 birdies and 32 pars on the weekend. Had only five bogeys out of 54 holes played.
Trent Phillips, Georgia
- Claimed co-medalist honors at the 2021 Gators Invitational presented by VyStar.
- Landed at 11-under 199 with rounds of 6-under 64, 5-under 65, and even-par 70.
- Ranks second in the SEC with a scoring average of 69.33.
- Won on the college level for the second time as he also took the 2019 Ka'anapali Collegiate Classic in Hawaii.
- Six of his 12 rounds this season have been in the 60s and nine have been par or better.
- Now owns 15 top 10s and 20 top 20s in 24 career starts.
- Has played in 100 percent of Georgia's events during his career.
MEN'S FRESHMAN GOLFER OF THE WEEK
J.M. Butler, Auburn
Gator Invitational // -4 (69-70-67--206) // T-24th
- Helped team to a tie for second among 21-team field
- Was team's second-highest finisher and one of two Tigers to shoot par or better in all three rounds
- Racked up third consecutive top-25 finish of the season
- Carded team-best sixth and seventh below-par rounds of the season, including fourth and fifth rounds in the 60s this campaign
- Tallied 16 birdies and 27 pars in 54 holes played on the weekend.