SEC Women's Golfers of the Week - March 10, 2021
Women's Golfer of the Week:
Lois Kaye Go, South Carolina
- Lois Kaye Go earned the best finish of her collegiate career when she finished second at the Gamecock Intercollegiate.
- Go notched a 4-under 212 as she stayed in the hunt for the individual win throughout the tournament.
- Her back-to-back 3-under 69 scores in the first two rounds pushed the Gamecocks to the top of the leaderboard through two rounds.
- This marks the seventh top-5 finish for Go as a Gamecock, tying her for seventh in program history.
Women's Newcomer of the Week
Ingrid Lindblad, LSU
T3 * -2, 214 * Gamecock Intercollegiate
- Earned her 11th and 12th rounds of the season at par or under with a 2-under 70 in the first round and a -1 71 in the second round
- It was her third Top-5 finish and sixth Top-10 finish of the season
- Was in the hunt for the individual title going into the final round
Women's Freshman Golfer of the Week:
Paula Kirner, South Carolina
- Kirner opened the Gamecock Intercollegiate with the best round of her collegiate career, carding a 2-under 70.
- Kirner had a rough start in her second round, but finished strong with birdies on two of her final four holes to finish the second round tied for 26th place before notching an even par 72 in the final round to finish with a 3-over 219 and a tie for 20th place.
- Both her 219 and 20th place finish are career bests for Kirner.