FORT WORTH, Texas - Mizzou Women's Basketball (9-12, 5-9 SEC) lost a fourth-quarter lead and fell to Fresno State (17-10, 12-6 MW), 78-75, in the first round of the Women's National Invitational Tournament in Fort Worth, Texas. Mizzou led by as much as 20 with 5:14 left in the third quarter, but the Bulldogs outscored the Tigers 26-13 in the game's final 10 minutes to take the win.
Fresno State's 26-13 fourth quarter was the turning point in the game, as Mizzou led by 10 at the end of the third quarter. The Bulldogs scored the final nine points of the game, and first retook the lead with a three-pointer from Yanina Todorova with 21 seconds left in the game.
- Sophomore guard Aijha Blackwell (Berkeley, Mo.) paced the Tigers with 16 points and eight rebounds while matching a season-high with five assists.
- Redshirt senior forward Shannon Dufficy (Melbourne, Australia) scored 11 points and grabbed eight rebounds in the game.
- Sophomore guard Lauren Hansen (Long Island, N.Y.) had 10 points and was 2-of-3 from the three-point line.
- As a team, Mizzou shot 52.5 percent (31-of-59) from the field, the 10th time in 21 games this season the Tigers have shot 50 percent or better from the field.
- Mizzou outrebounded the Bulldogs on the boards, 35-31 (+4), the 13th time this season they have outrebounded its opponent.
- Blackwell led Mizzou in scoring for the seventh time this season with her 16 points, her 19th game in double figures this season and the 43rd time in her career.
- The Tiger sophomore also had a season-high five assists in the game, the second time this season and the seventh time in her career she has had at least five assists.
- Dufficy matched a season-high with eight rebounds, the third time she has reached that mark this season.
- The Tiger senior also had 11 points, the sixth time this season and the 54th time in her career she has scored in double figures.
- Hansen scored 10 points, her fourth game in double figures this season and the 11th time in her career.
- She made two three-pointers, the 10th time this season and the 20th time in her career she has made multiple treys.
- Redshirt junior forward LaDazhia Williams (Bradenton, Fla.) scored 10 points, her 16th game in double figures this season.
- Freshman guard Mama Dembele (Manlleu, Spain) had four steals in the game, the fourth time this season she has had at least three steals.
- UP NEXT
Mizzou will next face Arizona State in the consolation bracket of the WNIT. Tipoff from Wilkerson-Greines Activity Center is slated for 11 a.m. CT on FloHoops.