BRYAN-COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Ole Miss (28-14, 10-7 SEC) fell behind early but battled back to upend Texas A&M (27-13, 5-9 SEC) 3-1 Saturday afternoon at Davis Diamond, clinching the series over the Aggies.
The Aggies got off to a lead in the second inning, cashing in on Shaylee Ackerman's leadoff double to bring home the opening run of the ball game. Ole Miss would put a runner in scoring position in both the third and fourth but failed to scratch across the tying run.
The changed in the fifth, when Paige Smith led off with a double to the opposite gap, moving to third on Autumn Gillespie's sacrifice bunt and coming home on Jessica Puk's sac fly. Ole Miss went on to load the bases with a two-out rally but couldn't come through to grab the lead.
The next inning, the Rebs went right back to work. Following a Whitley walk, Smith came through once again, pulling a pitch to the left-center gap to bring the Rebel center fielder wheeling all around from third. Shortly after, Puk lifted her second sacrifice of the game to right, bringing in Smith to make it 3-1.
Texas A&M put a pair of runners on in both the sixth and the seventh but both times the Rebels were able to work out of danger, locking down their first-ever series win over the Aggies.
• Ole Miss clinches its first series win over Texas A&M in program history. It is also the first road series win of the season for the Rebels.
• Ava Tillmann picked up her sixth straight win, tied for the second longest streak in Ole Miss history. Anna Borgen also garnered six consecutive wins earlier in the season.
• Paige Smith recorded two doubles in the game after entering the matchup with just two for the season.
• Jessica Puk recorded her fifth and sixth sacrifice flies of the season, tying for the second most in the nation.
• Savannah Diederich locked down her second straight save and third of the season, tying Borgen for the team lead.
• Saturday's win was the third game in a row and 21st of the season for Ole Miss holding its opponent to one run or less.
Ole Miss will look to finish off a series sweep on Sunday at Davis Diamond, taking on the Aggies at noon on SEC Network +.