BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (May 3, 2021) - Kelsey Oh of the South Carolina softball team and Jack Parrott of the Gamecock men's golf team have been nominated for the H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship by the University of South Carolina.
The H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship has been presented by the Southeastern Conference since 1986 to the league's top male and female scholar-athletes.
The Southeastern Conference will name the 2021 recipients of the H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship on May 18.
Highlights of South Carolina's nominees include:
KELSEY OH, South Carolina, Softball
Major: Marketing and Management
- Dean's List, Fall 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Presidents List, 2018, 2019, 2020
- USC AD Honor Roll, Fall 2017 - Present
- SEC Academic Honor Roll, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Collected 23 wins in her first three years with a 2.43 ERA
- Owns 37 starts in 60 appearances (233.1 innings of work)
- Has 249 career strikeouts
- Finished the 2020 season with a Carolina-high 51 strikeouts
- SEC Pitcher of the Week, 2020
- NFCA Top-25 Freshman Watch List, 2018
- All-SEC Freshman Team, 2018
JACK PARROTT, South Carolina, Golf
Major: Public Health
- Srixon/Cleveland Golf Scholar All-American, 2020
- Two-time member of the SEC Community Service Team
- Led the team in GPA the past two seasons
- Dean's List every semester of school
- President's List, Fall 2018, Fall 2019, Spring 2019, Spring 2020
- Played in 11 career events (10 starts), posting a career scoring average of 73.31
- Shot par or better 12 times in 32 career rounds
- Posted a career-best 72.94 scoring average in six events played (five starts) during shortened 2019-20 season
- Career-best T-26th finish in a loaded field at the 2019 Tavistock Collegiate Invitational (Oct. 20-22); shot 219 (+3) with an even par 72 in the final round
- Shot a career-best 54-hole score of 212 (-1) at the J.T. Poston Invitational, finished with back-to-back, 1-under 70s the final two rounds and was part of a team that broke the school 54-hole scoring record at 806 (-46)
The SEC provides the league's male and female McWhorter Scholar-Athlete of the Year Post-Graduate Scholarship recipients with a $20,000 post-graduate scholarship. The 26 remaining male and female finalists for the award will also receive a $10,000 post-graduate scholarship.
The award recipients are chosen by a committee of Faculty Athletics Representatives from the 14 SEC institutions and are announced in May.
Last year's McWhorter Award recipients were LSU men's basketball member Skylar Mays and Kentucky swimmer Asia Seidt.