2021 NFL Draft Notes - SEC leads nation for 15th consecutive year:
- The SEC led the nation's conferences in NFL Draft picks for the 15th consecutive year in 2021 with 65 selections, which establishes a new SEC and national record. The previous record was 64, also held by the SEC.
- This marks the seventh straight year for the SEC to see 50 or more players taken in the NFL Draft. Only twice in the last 26 years has another conference other than the SEC seen 50 or more players drafted.
- All 14 SEC teams had selections in the 2021 NFL Draft.
- This is the fifth consecutive year the SEC has seen 25 or more players selected through the first three rounds of the NFL Draft.
- The SEC has averaged over 50 selections per draft since 2006.
- Alabama led the SEC and tied for the national lead with 10 players drafted. This is the fifth consecutive season for nine or more players drafted from the Crimson Tide.
SEC Draft Central (Complete list of draftees): SEC builds on rich history in NFL Draft (secsports.com)
Total 2020 NFL Draft Picks (Selections Per School in Parenthesis):
- SEC: 65 (4.6)
- ACC: 51 (3.6)
- Big Ten: 44 (3.1)
- Pac-12: 28 (2.3)
- Big 12: 22 (2.2)