TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - Alabama softball completed the weekend sweep over Ole Miss Saturday afternoon behind another double-digit hit performance, winning 6-1.
Alabama (42-7, 18-6 SEC) scored six runs on 10 hits against Ole Miss (34-19, 12-12 SEC), including a three-hit performance from Alexis Mack in the leadoff spot and a 2-for-3 day from Kaylee Tow with a three-run home run in the fourth inning. The win pushes the Crimson Tide's current win streak to 10 games, including nine over ranked opponents. Montana Fouts (19-3) earned the complete-game win in the circle, striking out 12 for her 14th game with double-digit strikeouts this season.
For the third time this weekend, Alabama got on the board in the first inning with Savannah Woodard sending a bases-loaded single up the middle to drive in two and give the Tide the 2-0 lead. A bases-loaded walk in the bottom of the second made it 3-0 and a three-run home run from Kaylee Tow in the fourth inning doubled the lead to 6-0. The score remained the same until the top of the sixth when Paige Smith got the Rebels on the board with a solo home run. Fouts bounced back after the long ball, retiring the next five straight to close the door on the 6-1 win, including four swinging strikeouts.
FROM HEAD COACH PATRICK MURPHY
"This was one of the most fun seasons I have ever had here with one of the most resilient groups of women. I am so proud of everyone within the program; the players, coaches, administrators and fans. I am proud of everybody. It's been a long 14 months but to come away 18-6 in the league and 42-7 overall, we're just playing really well right now and I am incredibly proud of this team. Our group has put it all out there this season and we can't wait for the postseason."
- Alabama is now 63-6 all-time vs. Ole Miss, including a 33-2 mark in Tuscaloosa
- The win improves the Tide's current win streak to 10 games, including nine over ranked opponents
- Alabama concludes the regular season with a 31-4 home record, 9-3 in SEC play
- It is the Tide's fourth SEC sweep this season and its second at home
- With an 18-6 league record, it marks the 18th season in program history with 18 or more SEC wins
- Alabama is 35-2 when scoring first this season and 23-1 when scoring in first inning
- The Alabama leadoff hitter reached base in five of the six innings the Tide came to bat
- Bailey Hemphill improved her reached base streak to 12 games and her career walk total to 222
- Alexis Mack, Kaylee Tow and Maddie Morgan improved their hitting streaks to six games
- Mack's three hits ties her season high, her seventh three-hit game this season
- Montana Fouts has thrown 14 games with double-digit strikeouts, including eight over ranked opponents
- B1 | Savannah Woodard drove in two with a bases-loaded single up the middle (2-0, 1 Out)
- B2 | KB Sides drew a bases-loaded walk (3-0, 2 Out)
- B4 | Kaylee Tow hit a three-run home run to right field (6-0, 0 Out)
- T6 | A Paige Smith solo home run put the Rebels on the board (6-1, 1 Out)
UP NEXT - ALABAMA AT SEC TOURNAMENT (TUSCALOOSA, ALA.)
- Tuesday, May 11-Saturday, May 15