BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (July 12, 2021)-----A total of 48 Southeastern Conference baseball players were selected on the second day of the Major League Baseball Draft on Monday, which included rounds 2-10.
Thirteen SEC schools had at least one player selected on Monday, and 25 Major League clubs have drafted at least one SEC player in the first 10 rounds. Florida had seven players taken on Monday, while Arkansas and South Carolina had six each.
Four SEC pitchers were selected in the first 19 picks of the draft on Sunday. Vanderbilt's Jack Leiter was the first SEC player taken with the second overall pick by the Texas Rangers. Teammate Kumar Rocker was taken 10th overall by the New York Mets, followed by Mississippi State's Will Bednar by the San Francisco Giants at pick No. 14 and Ole Miss' Gunnar Hoglund with the 19th selection by the Toronto Blue Jays.
The MLB Draft concludes Tuesday with rounds 11-20 starting at 11 a.m. CT. Fans can follow along at MLB.com.
SEC In The 2021 MLB Draft
2. Jack Leiter, Texas Rangers (Vanderbilt)
10. Kumar Rocker, New York Mets (Vanderbilt)
14. Will Bednar, San Francisco Giants (Mississippi State)
19. Gunnar Hoglund, Toronto Blue Jays (Ole Miss)
40. Jud Fabian, Boston Red Sox (Florida)
42. Ryan Bliss, Arizona Diamondbacks (Auburn)
44. Jaden Hill, Colorado Rockies (LSU)
58. Doug Nikhazy, Cleveland Indians (Ole Miss)
Competitive Balance Round B
66. Peyton Wilson, Kansas City Royals (Alabama)
69. Tommy Mace, Cleveland Indiana (Florida)
74. Dylan Smith, Detroit Tigers (Alabama)
76. John Rhodes, Baltimore Orioles (Kentucky)
80. Landon Marceaux, Los Angeles Angels (LSU)
99. Kevin Kopps, San Diego Padres (Arkansas)
110. Luke Murphy, Los Angeles Angels (Vanderbilt)
112. Dustin Saenz, Washington Nationals (Texas A&M)
113. Bryce Miller, Seattle Mariners (Texas A&M)
118. Tanner Allen, Miami Marlins (Mississippi State)
121. Chad Dallas, Toronto Blue Jays (Tennessee)