ATHENS, Ga. - Jordan Wright scored 20 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and dished out six assists while Vanderbilt played solid team basketball in a 73-66 victory over Georgia on Saturday at Stegeman Coliseum.
Wright helped the Commodores (10-6, 2-2 SEC) dominate in a second half where they shot 61.5 percent. Vandy also registered 17 assists on 27 made shots for the game.
Scotty Pippen Jr. added 13 points and seven assists while Quentin Millora-Brown had 11 points, five rebounds and three blocks.
Vanderbilt returns home to host No. 23 Tennessee (11-5, 2-3) at 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Vandy missed eight of its first 10 shots Saturday and fell into an early 10-5 hole. But the Dores kept plugging away and finally tied the game at 12 with a Tyrin Lawrence layup.
Georgia built a 19-13 lead on an Aaron Cook runner that followed two Bulldog offensive rebounds. Braelen Bridges' putback moments later made it a 24-16 game, and then Jaxon Etter bombed back-to-back triples to put the Bulldogs up 30-20.
Down by as many as 14 at one point, Vanderbilt put together an 8-2 run just before the half to cut the deficit to 36-28 and take some momentum into the locker room.
The Commodores then came off the break and exploded with a 13-0 run that ended with a Tyrin Lawrence pull-up 3, giving Vandy a 41-36 lead. Wright's two-handed slam moments later made it a 46-40 advantage for the visitors.
Etter got the Bulldogs to within one at 55-54 with a 3 from the left wing, but the Commodores struck back with seven in a row to restore order. Jamaine Mann's monstrous, one-handed slam with 5:35 left put Vanderbilt ahead 66-56 and set up the final and decisive minutes.
Etter led Georgia (5-11, 0-3 SEC) with 16 points.
• Pippen is now 40th on Vanderbilt's all-time scoring list with 1,110 career points. Babe Taylor (1,144) is 39th.
• Vanderbilt is now 93-55 all-time against Georgia and 32-37 at Georgia. The Commodores had lost four straight and 7 of 9 in the series before Saturday's win.
• Vandy had not won at Georgia since Jan. 29, 2014.
• The Commodores have now forced 15 turnovers or more in 10 games this season.
• Trey Thomas has now played in 41 straight games for the Commodores.
• Wright has now started 31 straight games for Vanderbilt.
• Attendance on Saturday was announced as 6,980.