Lexington, KY -- Kentucky rallied from a five-run deficit and earned its third win over a top 15 foe with a 10-8 victory No. 14 Georgia on Saturday at Kentucky Proud Park. The teams face a series rubber match on Sunday.
Junior Tyler Guilfoil closed the door in the ninth for his second save, sealing UK's first Southeastern Conference win of the season. Senior Sean Harney picked up the win in relief of Darren Williams.
The Wildcats (16-8, 1-4) took a 1-0 lead in the first inning but saw Georgia (18-5, 3-2) push across six unearned runs in the second after there were two outs and the nine-hole hitter at the plate. But like it has all season, UK responded, chipped away and used a four-run fifth to take the lead for good.
- Kentucky has 1,998 all-time victories, two shy of 2,000.
- UK has scored in 267 of 270 games in Mingione's tenure.
- Mingione now has 159 wins, fifth on UK's all-time list. He needs six wins to move into fourth.
- UK is 30-of-33 on stole base attempts this season.
- The UK pitchers have struck out 258 in 24 games.
- Senior RHP Darren Williams made his first start in a Kentucky uniform on Saturday. He struck out four and allowed six unearned runs in 4.0 IP.
- Junior RHP Tyler Guilfoil earned his second save of the season.
- Senior OF Adam Fogel went 3-for-4 with two runs and an RBI. He set a new career-high for hits. He has four multi-hit games this season.
- Senior INF Daniel Harris IV went 1-for-3 with a solo home run and HBP. He hit his first homer in blue.
- Senior C Alonzo Rubalcaba has reached base safely in 17 straight games. He has four multi-hit games this season and seven in his career.
- Senior UT Kirk Liebert went 1-for-4 with two RBI. He has three multi-RBI games this season.