COLUMBIA, Mo. - University of Missouri softball (38-22) concluded the 2022 campaign, falling 1-0 to Arizona (36-20) in the Columbia Regional final.
The Tigers could not get on the board in the contest and a solo home run in the fifth inning provided the difference.
Jordan Weber pitched around traffic on the bases throughout the contest in a complete game effort. The junior stranded runners in scoring position in the second, third and fourth innings.
Mizzou's best chance to get on the board came in the bottom of the fourth. Kara Daly singled to right and Hatti Moore drew a walk to put a pair of runners on base. A called strike three ended the threat.
Sharlize Palacios led off the fifth with a high drive over the left field wall to give the Wildcats the lead.
Hatti Moore walked with one out in the seventh, but Mizzou was unable to bring in a run to tie it up.
- Jordan Weber tossed her 12th complete game of the season. She concludes the season with an ERA of 2.51, a career best for a complete season.
- Kara Daly provided one of the Tigers' two hits on the afternoon, going 1-for-3.
- Kendyll Bailey went 1-for-3 with a single in the second inning.
- Mizzou hit 86 home runs in 2022, the second most in a single season in program history.
- The Tigers' pitching staff finished the year with a 2.81 ERA, the program's best since 2014.
- Brooke Wilmes concludes her career with 285 hits, ranking second in program history.
- Kimberly Wert's 17 home runs on the year are tied for third for a single season in Mizzou history.