HOOVER, AL - Kentucky staved off elimination at the Southeastern Conference Tournament for the second time in three days, defeating No. 24 Vanderbilt 10-2 on Friday at the Hoover Met. The Wildcats now have won multiple games at the event for the first time since 2014.
Ryan Ritter had three hits and drove in three runs, while Tyler Guilfoil earned his sixth save to give the Cats (32-25) their sixth win vs. teams ranked in the top six of the Ratings Percentage Index in the past 13 contests.
Kentucky now will face the loser of Tennessee and LSU on Saturday.
Guilfoil worked out of a jam in the sixth and continued his unparalleled season in UK history with 3.2 scoreless innings. Senior Daniel Harper picked up the win.
- UK has scored in 298 of 303 games under Coach Nick Mingione.
- Mingione now has 175 career victories, tied with John Cohen for third in school history.
- The UK pitchers have struck out 571 in 57 games.
- UK is 24-38 in 23 appearances in the SEC Tournament.
- UK is 3-5 in the SEC Tournament under Mingione and 7-7 overall in the postseason.
- Senior RHP Daniel Harper made his 99th career appearance, second in UK history. He pitched 3.0 shutout innings.
- Junior IF Chase Estep reached base safely in 53 of the 57 games this season. He ripped his 17th double of the season.
- Senior OF Oraj Anu has a hit in 13 of 15 games since returning returning to the starting lineup on April 26. He joins the school's career 100-hit Club.
- Senior OF Hunter Jump has reached safely in 11 straight games.
- Junior IF Ryan Ritter went 3-for-5 with two runs, three RBI and two doubles.
- Senior OF Adam Fogel went 3-for-4 with a run.
Kentucky will face the loser of Friday night's Tennessee/LSU game at approximately 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday.