TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - The No. 11 Alabama soccer team (8-1-1, 1-0-0 SEC) closed its nonconference slate Sunday with a commanding 6-0 win against Chattanooga (2-3-2). Six different players netted goals with Ashlynn Serepca recording the game-winning shot in the first half, as Kat Rogers tallied an impressive three second-half assists.
Gianna Paul, Kate Henderson, Macy Clem, Emelie Kobler and Sydney Vincens also found the back of the net, respectively, in the game.
From Head Coach Wes Hart
"Overall, just very pleased with the performance. It would have been easy to look past this game. Coming off the big win verses South Carolina, and then looking ahead to Tennessee next, this would have been an easy game to kind of lose focus, but I thought we stayed very sharp for the game. Our mental approach was exactly what I wanted and I just thought it was a clean performance all around."
How It Happened
- Alabama recorded the deciding goal at the 17-minute mark as Marianna Annest played a ball into the six-yard box from 40-yards out, finding an unmarked Serepca on the back post
- Serepca was able to lineup and head the ball into the back of the net for the game-winning goal
- Felicia Knox slipped a ball through the back line for Paul to run onto and hit with the outside of her right foot with 23:58 on the clock
- Henderson would round out the first half, redirecting a shot from Aislin Streicek for the Tide's third goal of the game at 29:52
- UA found its fourth goal at 65:17 as Clem got her head on the end of a corner kick from Kat Rogers
- Just four minutes later, Kobler recorded her first collegiate goal, running through the back line off a pass from Rogers
- Vincens closed the game, redirecting a free kick from Rogers in the 76th minute
- Alabama has won its last four matches and recorded its third consecutive shutout
- UA extended its home winning streak to 12 games with its 6-0 victory over the Mocs
- The last time Alabama scored six goals in a single game was against Kennesaw State in 2018 (6-0)
- Rogers became the first player to record three assists in a single game since Macy Clem tallied three against South Alabama on March 21 during the 2020-21 season
- The Tide shutout its sixth-consecutive team at home, with the last opposing team goal in the Alabama Soccer Stadium coming from a 2-1 overtime win against Kentucky last season (Oct. 21)
- UA's defensive effort held the Mocs without a shot throughout 90 minutes of action
- Serepca recorded her first game-winning goal and second overall goal of the season
- Emelie Kobler captured her first collegiate goal in the game as Sydney Vincens netted her first of the season
- Both Kate Henderson and Gianna Paul have three goals this season as Macy Clem tallied her second of the year in the game
- Felicia Knox secured her eighth assist as Marianna Annest tallied her second and Aislin Streicek notched her first
- Alabama heads to Knoxville, Tenn., to face Tennessee in its first Southeastern Conference road game
- The game is set to kick off at 5 p.m. CT