ATHENS, Ga. - The fifth-ranked Alabama soccer team (11-1-1, 4-0-0 SEC) recorded a 2-1 victory over Georgia (8-4-0, 2-2-0 SEC) Thursday night at the Turner Soccer Complex in Athens, Ga., to capture the Crimson Tide's seventh consecutive win and remain undefeated in Southeastern Conference play.
From Head Coach Wes Hart "I'm very pleased with our performance tonight. Probably not as convincing or comfortable as I would have liked, but I'll certainly take three points on the road against a quality team. UGA is a good side, and they will continue to win their fair share of games this year. Keidane (McAlpine) has them playing some good soccer. I'm so impressed with every player on our team right now. We play incredibly hard. Our press and hunt continues to cause our opponents all sorts of problems and provides us with a ton of energy. It's really fun to watch."
How It Happened
- With her first touch, Riley Tanner fired a shot from outside the box that went up and over the goalkeeper's head and into the back corner of the net
- Riley Mattingly Parker fought to keep control of the ball on the endline, before playing it back to Tanner for the first goal at the 19th minute mark
- Ashlynn Serepca battled for position in the box to get her head on the end of a corner kick from Felicia Knox to give Alabama it's second goal at 52:52
- Georgia would get on the board after a miscommunication in the box resulted in an own goal from the Tide in the 72nd minute
- UA paced the game in shots, 19-7, shots on goal, 5-1, and corner kicks, 10-3
- Alabama captured its seventh-straight win of the season and fourth-consecutive win over an SEC opponent
- The Tide has not lost a game since its second match of the season against Miami
- For the eighth-consecutive game, Felicia Knox tallied an assist as she recorded her 12th assist of the season on a corner kick to Ashlynn Serepca
- Serepca notched her third game-winning goal of the year, while Riley Tanner netted her second shot of the season
- Riley Mattingly Parker added an assist to the night, giving her nine goals and two assists this season for 20 points
Up Next Alabama returns home to host Ole Miss on Oct. 6 The Crimson Tide and Rebels will kick off at 7 p.m. CT