FAYETTEVILLE - Arkansas forced 30 turnovers and had four player score in double figures as the 10th-ranked Razorbacks defeated Fordham 74-48 Friday night at Bud Walton Arena.
The 30 turnovers were the most by a Razorback opponent in the fourth year of the Eric Musselman era and the most by a Razorback opponent since Louisiana-Monroe had 30 on Dec. 31, 2004. Also, Fordham's 48 points marked the ninth time in the Musselman era an opponent was held to fewer than 50 points.
For the second straight game, Ricky Council IV led the Razorbacks in scoring with 15 and the junior dished out a career-high seven assists. Jordan Walsh added 12 points while Anthony Black and Jalen Graham each contributed 10 points Trevon Brazile led the Hogs in rebounding for the second straight game with eight.
The Razorbacks trailed early but used a 13-2 run to take a 13-7 lead and never surrendered the lead the rest of the game.
Arkansas dished out 17 assists, compared to seven by the Rams, and only had 13 turnovers with 13 steals.
Fordham was led by Darius Quisenberry and Elijah Gray. Each scored 10 points.
Arkansas will complete its three-game homestand on Wednesday (Nov. 16) versus South Dakota State. Tipoff at Bud Walton Arena is set for 7 pm and the game will be broadcast on SEC Network Plus. Following the game with the Jackrabbits, Arkansas will travel to Hawai'i to play in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational.
FIRST HALF: Arkansas: 32 - Fordham: 21
- Fordham got off to a 7-2 start.
- However, the Razorbacks used a 13-2 run - including an 11-0 spurt - to take a 13-7 lead with 9:31 left.
- Later, Arkansas had a 17-2 run - including a 12-0 spurt - to go up 30-11.
- Six of the seven Razorbacks that played in the first half scored with Ricky Council IV leading the way with nine.
- Arkansas forced 20 first-half turnovers thanks to 11 steals.
SECOND HALF: Arkansas: 42 - Fordham: 27
- Arkansas shot 55.2 percent from the field and held Fordham to 37.5 percent.
- Jalen Graham scored all 10 of his points in the second half.
- While Arkansas was out-rebounded by one in the first half, the Hogs out-rebounded the Rams 20-10 in the second.
- 11 of Arkansas' 17 assists came in the second half and Arkansas committed just five second-half turnovers.
- Fordham did not score a second-chance point until there were 36 seconds left in the game.
- For the second time in the Eric Musselman era, Arkansas wore cardinal jerseys for a home game. The set the team wore Friday was for Veterans' Day as they featured camouflage on the side.
- Arkansas' starting lineup was Anthony Black - Davonte Davis - Ricky Council IV - Jordan Walsh - Makhi Mitchell. Fordham won the tip.
- Fordham's Antrell Charlton scored the game's first points at 19:31. Jordan Walsh scored the Razorbacks' first points at 18:38.
- Trevon Brazile was the first Razorback sub for the second straight game.
- Arkansas dominated the paint, scoring 54 points to Fordham's 20 in the lane.
- Jalen Graham did not play in the opener and did not check into the game until the 11:29 mark of the second half. He finished with 10 points (5-of-7 FG) with four rebounds and an assist in 11:21 minutes played.
- Trevon Brazile was just 3-of-7 shooting with eight points but was a team-best +32 in 31:57 minutes played.