TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - Alabama paired another big offensive night with a solid start from Jacob McNairy for a 10-2 victory over Troy on Tuesday at Sewell-Thomas Stadium. With the win, the Crimson Tide is now 22-8 on the season.
Alabama recorded 10 hits and drew eight walks on the way to 10 runs. The offense crossed at least one run in five innings, highlighted by a five-run fourth. Troy was able to plate single tallies in both the fifth and sixth but would get no closer. The Tide was led once again by Tommy Seidl, who finished 3-for-3 with an RBI and one run scored. Bryce Eblin paced UA in RBI with three while seven total hitters contributed one RBI on the night.
Jacob McNairy (4-1) picked up the win, tossing 4.2 innings of one-run baseball. He allowed three hits and issued no walks while striking out four. The bullpen then combined for the final 4.1 frames, limiting the Trojans to just three hits and a run while striking out three.
From Head Coach Brad Bohannon
"Jacob McNairy gave us a great start and the guys out of the pen were really sharp. We had a lot of production up and down the lineup. We scored five of the eight times we batted. We got a lot of guys in the game, which I've been wanting to do. So, I'm really proud of our club, we really played well. This was a good game for us to build some momentum going into a big weekend.
How It Happened
- B2 | Ed Johnson reached on a fielder's choice before moving into scoring position on a wild pitch. A single from Tommy Seidl put runners on the corners before a bunt from Bryce Eblin that led to a play at home scored Johnson. Mac Guscette followed with an RBI-single to left to bring in Seidl. (2-0, Alabama)
- B3 | Andrew Pinckney started the inning with a single before a walk to Drew Williamson put two aboard. After the Trojans recorded two outs, Seidl singled to center to cross the leadoff man. (3-0, Alabama)
- B4 | The Tide plated five to widen the gap. The rally started with an error on a Pinckney sacrifice fly that scored one and put a pair in scoring position. Williamson followed with an RBI-single to force a Troy pitching change. The new arm gave up a single to William Hamiter to score one before a single from Johnson crossed another run. Seidl then walked to load them up before a sacrifice fly from Bryce Eblin brought in the inning's fifth run. (8-0, Alabama)
- T5 | Donovan Whibbs hit a solo home run to get the Trojans on the board. (8-1, Alabama) T6 | An RBI-double down the line in left added one more for Troy. (8-2, Alabama)
- B6 | Eblin plated one more on a fielder's choice. (9-2, Alabama)
- B8 | Williamson singled with one down before a double from Max Williams added a run. (10-2, Alabama)
- The Tide pitchers did not issue a walk for the third time this season. Alabama also did not walk a batter on Feb. 26 against High Point and March 14 at South Alabama.
- Alabama has scored double-digit runs in 14 games of the 2023 campaign.
- The Tide bats have recorded double-digit hits in 22 of UA's 30 total games so far.
- Jim Jarvis' hitting streak ended at 10 games. Over that stretch, the senior batted .385 (15-39) with three doubles, two home runs, eight RBI, 11 runs scored, eight walks and two hit-by-pitch.
- Jarvis did get on base and has reached safely in his last 12 games. Andrew Pinckney has gotten aboard in his last 11 games.
- ATTENDANCE: 3,279
Alabama will break from game action for a day before returning to the diamond Thursday to begin a three-game series with Mississippi State. The Crimson Tide and Bulldogs are slated for a 6 p.m. CT start on both Thursday and Friday followed by a 5 p.m. first pitch on Saturday. Games one and two of the series will air on SEC Network+ with the series finale being broadcast nationally on ESPNU.