Rebels sweep Mizzou in Round One of SEC Tournament
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - Ole Miss women's tennis swept Missouri, 4-0, in the first round of the SEC Championships on Wednesday. The Rebels will play in the second round for the 10th straight season.
Along with her team-leading 14th doubles victory, Lillian Gabrielsen earned her 40th career singles win. Gabrielsen with her partner Kelsey Mize also grabbed the Rebels second ranked doubles win of the year.
Doubles action began with the senior duo earning a 6-3 win over No. 83 Mae and Inah Canete. Courts One and Two were in tight battles, attempting to secure the doubles point for the Rebels. Ludmila Kareisova and Emma Kette eventually clinched the point in a 7-3 tiebreak win at No. 3 singles. The doubles pairing is 3-1 and won their last two matches.
Ole Miss (10-12, 3-10 SEC) took care of business in singles, winning three in a row in straight sets. Reka Zadori continues to be unstoppable at No. 6 singles, taking down her opponent 6-2, 6-1. Finishing closely behind her, Gabrielsen won both sets by a score of 6-1 at the two position. Rachel Krzyzak wrapped up the match at No. 5 singles in a 6-4, 6-1 victory.
The Rebels advanced to play Auburn in the second round of the SEC Championship, The match is set for Thursday, April 29, at 9 a.m. CT.
Ole Miss 4, Missouri 0
1. Kelsey Mize/Lillian Gabrielsen (OM) def. #83 Mae Canete/Inah Canete (MIZ) 6-3
2. Anaelle Leclercq/Rachel Krzyzak (OM) vs. Andrea Artimedi/Emelie Schwarte (MIZ) 5-6, unfinished
3. Emma Kette/Ludmila Kareisova (OM) def. Romary Cardenas/Eleanor Fay (MIZ) 7-6 (7-3)
Order of finish: 1, 3
1. #50 Ludmila Kareisova (OM) vs. #94 Mae Canete (MIZ) 2-6, 5-4, unfinished
2. Lillian Gabrielsen (OM) def. Emelie Schwarte (MIZ) 6-1, 6-1
3. Anaelle Leclercq (OM) vs. Inah Canete (MIZ) 6-3, 4-3, unfinished
4. Emma Kette (OM) vs. Andrea Artimedi (MIZ) 6-2, 3-2, unfinished
5. Rachel Krzyzak (OM) def. Romary Cardenas (MIZ) 6-4, 6-1
6. Reka Zadori (OM) def. Eleanor Fay (MIZ) 6-2, 6-1
Order of finish: 6, 2, 5