COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The University of Missouri softball program (31-21, 5-15 SEC) evened its road series with No. 23 Texas A&M (31-18, 11-12) after an 8-1 game two victory Saturday afternoon at the Davis Diamond.
After dropping the resumption of Friday's weather delayed opener, 6-2, to start the day, the Tigers offense responded with 10 hits to knot the series at 1-1.
Missouri and Texas A&M will face off in the rubber match Sunday at 6 p.m., ET on SEC Network.
GAME 2 - Missouri 8, No. 23 Texas A&M 1
Jordan Weber pitched 6.1 innings, allowing no earned runs over four hits with two strikeouts as the Mizzou offense compiled 10 hits to even the series after an 8-1 win.
Mizzou took an early 3-0 lead through three frames. Jenna Laird led off the contest with a single up the middle before Julia Crenshaw connected on a RBI double for a 1-0 Missouri advantage.
Crenshaw then plated a pair of Tigers on an error by the Aggies centerfielder in the third.
Texas A&M tacked on a run in the fifth off a sacrifice fly to cut the edge to 3-1 before the Tigers sealed the victory with five runs over the final two innings.
Riley Frizell belted a two-run double to right center in the sixth to push the margin to 5-1. Crenshaw commenced the inning with a bunt single before a fielder's choice from Maddie Gallagher and a walk for Payton Jackson laid the groundwork for Frizell.
Crenshaw then added a RBI base hit in the seventh before Frizell wrapped the scoring with a two-run single to left.
Jordan Weber earned the win in the circle, allowing four hits and no earned runs with two strikeouts and five walks.
- Julia Crenshaw and Riley Frizell both led the Tigers at the plate, going 3-for-4 with a double. The three hits matched a career best for Crenshaw (fourth time in career, third time in 2023) while the outing was a career high for Frizell.
- For Crenshaw, the multi-hit game was her 14th of the campaign. She also registered her team-leading 10th multi-RBI game, finishing the game with two.
- For Frizell, the multi-hit game was her sixth of the season. She also posted her fifth multi-RBI game in 2023, finishing the game with a career-best matching four.
- Jenna Laird added a 2-for-4 day at the plate with two runs and a stolen base. She has notched a hit in each of the last three games.
- Julia Crenshaw and Maddie Gallagher each added stolen bases.
- Alex Honnold extended her reached-base streak to 16 games with a walk.
- Maddie Gallagher pushed her reached-base streak to 15 games with a base hit.
- Maddie Snider posted a hit in each of the two games (both bunt singles) with Texas A&M.
- Jordan Weber improved to 40-23 in her career (8-7 in 2023), allowing four hits and no earned runs with two strikeouts and five walks.
- Jordan Weber pitched out of multiple jams Saturday and eliminated the threat in the second with a 1-5-3 double play.
- Closer Taylor Pannell registered the final two outs to secure the win. Pannell has thrown 1.1 scoreless innings over her last two appearances.
Missouri will wrap its road series at Texas A&M Sunday at 6 p.m., ET at Davis Diamond. Sunday's finale will be on SEC Network and feature Kevin Fitzgerald and Danielle Lawrie on the broadcast.