Two singles, four duos advance from SEC in NCAAs
Individual play continued at the USTA National Campus today. Georgia's Ethan Quinn is the lone men's player remaining in singles play. He will play in the quarterfinals on Thursday.
In women's singles, South Carolina's Ayana Akli was the only SEC player to win her Round of 16 match and will play in the quarterfinals on Thursday.
The men's doubles began and two SEC duos have advanced to the Round of 16. While two women's doubles teams have moved onto the quarterfinals.
See results below.
|Singles||Ayana Akli, South Carolina (Quarterfinals)||Ethan Quinn, Georgia (Quarterfinals)|
Alicia Dudeney/Bente Spee, Florida (Quarterfinals)
Ayani Akli/Sarah Hamner, South Carolina (Quarterfinals)
Raul Dobai/Finn Murgett, Auburn (Round of 16)
William Grant/Axel Nefve, Florida (Round of 16)
Round of 16 - Singles
- Ethan Quinn, Georgia def. Nishesh Basavareddy, Stanford, 6-3, 4-6, 7-5
- Chris Rodesch, Virginia def. Axel Nefve, Florida, 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
- Arthur Fery, Stanford def. Liam Draxl, Kentucky, 6-1, 6-1
- Angelica Blake, Stanford def. Lea Ma, Georgia, 6-4, 7-6(0)
- Kari Miller, Michigan def. Ariana Arseneault, Auburn, 6-1, 6-2
- Ayana Akli, South Carolina def. Carly Briggs, Florida, 6-4, 7-5
- Carol Lee, Georgia Tech def. Carolyn Ansari, Auburn, 3-6, 7-5, 6-0
- Madison Sieg, Southern Cal def. Dasha Vidmanova, Georgia, 4-6, 6-2, 6-2
Round of 32 - Doubles
- Ozan Baris/Max Sheldon, Michigan State def. Toby Samuel/Connor Thomson, South Carolina, 6-4, 6-2
- Andres Martin/Marcus McDaniel, Georgia Tech def. Jeremie Casabon/Siim Troost, Vanderbilt, 6-2, 7-5
- Raul Dobai/Finn Murgett, Auburn def. Justin Boulais/Robert Cash, Ohio State, 6-4, 6-4
- Natan Rodrigues/Fabien Salle, Louisville def. Pat Harper/Johannus Monday, Tennessee, 6-4, 5-7, 10-6
- Garrett Johns/Pedro Rodenas, Duke def. Trent Bryde/Ethan Quinn, Georgia, 6-4, 7-6(5)
- William Grant/Axel Nefve, Florida def. Stefan Dostanic/Bradley Frye, Southern Cal, 3-6, 7-5, 10-4
Round of 16 - Doubles
- Alicia Dudeney/Bente Spee, Florida def. Kylie Collins/Anastasiya Komar, LSU, 6-1, 7-6(4)
- Ayani Akli/Sarah Hamner, South Carolina vs. Salma Ewing/Jayci Goldsmith, Texas A&M, 7-6(9), 6-3