TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - Alabama volleyball wrapped up the non-conference portion of its schedule Saturday evening at Foster Auditorium, sweeping Grambling State by set scores of 25-18, 25-17 and 25-15.
Alabama (10-1) earned its seventh sweep of the season, hitting .318 as a team while holding Grambling State (2-11) to a .138 clip. Kendyl Reaugh paced the offense yet again, leading the team with 13 kills along with 12 digs for her sixth double-double of the season, four of which have come in the last six matches. Micah Gryniewicz was close behind with 11 kills while Chaise Campbell held the team lead in blocks (4), Sydney Gholson in digs (16) and Callie Kieffer in assists (39).
From Head Coach Rashinda Reed
"Individually, I thought Kaleigh Palmer did a really good job coming in off the bench. She made an immediate impact and, especially being so young, she definitely has a presence out there. Overall, one of the main goals this preseason was staying level. There were times where things got chaotic and for them to settle in was great to see because that's the mentality we'll need in conference play. That will continue to be a focus, to settle down on a consistent basis."
- Seven out of Alabama's 10 wins this season have come in three sets
- With a .318 team hitting percentage, Saturday's match was the sixth time this season the Tide has hit .300 or better as a team
- Kendyl Reaugh now has six double-doubles this season, including four in the last six matches
- Micah Gryniewicz has finished with 10+ kills in five of last six matches
- Kills: Kendyl Reaugh - 13
- Assists: Callie Kieffer - 39
- Digs: Sydney Gholson - 16
- Blocks: Chaise Campbell - 4
- Aces: Callie Kieffer, Kendyl Reaugh - 2
- Set 1: Alabama 25, Grambling State 18
- Set 2: Alabama 25, Grambling State 17
- Set 3: Alabama 25, Grambling State 15
Up Next: vs. Ole Miss/Mississippi State
- Friday, Sept. 22 at Ole Miss - Oxford, Miss. - 6 p.m. CT
- Sunday, Sept. 24 at Mississippi State - Starkville, Miss. - 4 p.m. CT - SEC Network